Floristry > Cut flowers and Flower Arranging

Hanging flower arrangement.

(1/2) > >>

Eric Hardy:
George knows that Anthea and I went to a Golden Wedding part last Sunday. It was held in a marquee and there were two beautiful flower arrangements hanging from the ridge. Here is one of them.

There were twelve circular tables and each had a centre piece like this

Finally, I was pleased that we were seated at the Gertrude Jekyll table  :)

Eric H

ideasguy:
Very nice photos indeed Eric. I hope you and Anthea had a lovely day out :)
The table was certainly appropriately named. Were the other guests at your table keen on gardening?
I see one guest at your table was called Posie! What a lovely name :)

Re the flowers in the hanging and table arrangements. David Austin's Rosa Gertrude Jekyll, I assume?
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/main.asp
Outstanding fragrance is one outstanding property. It must have been nice to sit around those delights of nature.

Incidentally, Jekyll is an anagram of my surname  ;)

Eric Hardy:
Surprisingly the conversations didn't turn to gardening, George, although naturally the flower arrangements were commented on. Each table was given the name of a rose so you are right that it would be David Austin's Gertrude Jekyll. Thanks for the link.
Just been trying to work out the anagram but seem to get left with a spare "J" or am I missing something  :-[ ??? :)

ideasguy:
Ah yes, my apologies, theres is indeed an extra J. Its the initial of the first name of my son and grandsons - Julian Jordan and James though  :)
Theres a story I once read, where the name Jekyll was the exact same anagram referring to a notorious person from London :o

The Gardener:
What beautiful flower arrangements, Eric!  The colours are lovely, and the use of summer flowers and foliage is super.   The hanging arrangement is a lovely idea.  I don't know if you could see the mechanics of it (probably not if it was made properly!), but I'm guessing it was probably an Oasis sphere.  It would be interesting to know how long the arrangements lasted in this heat!  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version