Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 3018 times)

Offline no ideas man

Gardening
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:59:44 AM »
Hi fellow members   lets talk gardening for a few minutes, do you ever feel the garden is finished well I have reached that stage all the plants I wanted to grow are in and looking quite happy all there is to keep me occupied are the mundane jobs that must be done routineiy, lawns to cut flower beds to hoe ( I use the no dig method on my borders I hate digging ) this works well for me the problem is I can't make enough compost from the 3 bins I use so at times I have to buy in the material ( fathers day money is useful in this aspect ) now the weed problem I don't have a problem as such ( the wife, she who must be obeyed says weeds are afraid to show there heads out comes the hoe ) so all there is to do is sit back and enjoy

Harry

No Ideas Man

NightHawk

Re: Gardening
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
We're not quite at that stage yet Harry.

We've just finished a major make-over of our front garden, getting it to the point of planting everything we wanted for now.

The back garden is our next challenge, but if you read our thread about it here -

http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,543.msg2988/topicseen.html#msg2988 -

then you'll see what I mean.

Laurie.

Offline whis4ey

Re: Gardening
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »
Harry ...  if your garden is finished, I can give you a job :)