Author Topic: Full screen display for IG Pro  (Read 3636 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Full screen display for IG Pro
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:36:48 PM »
Ive now developed the code to sense your screen resolution, and to deliver Full Screen display.
No more tiny screens on your laptop etc.

This will affect all IG Pro programs.
Initially, I have posted a few programs for testing by users.

Heres what you have to do:
IG Pro (1a ONLY)
1a) Download the latest Menu 3.05.2006-12-16 : Issue date 16th Dec 2006 or later

Bonsai Genie (1B ONLY)
1b) Download the latest Menu Version B1.04.2006-12-11 : Issue date 13th Dec 2006 or later

Note to Bonsai Genie Users: Dont forget to change the install folder. It defaults to ifg_igp= Ideas Genie Pro folder. You need to change the default installation folder to c:\program files\ideasforgardens\bonsaigenie

IG Pro AND Bonsai Genie (steps 2 to 8 )
2) Download GA004 Version 34 or higher
3) Download GA037 Version 7 or higher
4) Download GA047 Version 9 or higher - (The tasks program)
5) Download GA198 Version 13 or higher - (The Preferences program)
6) Download GA901 (06) Version 6 or higher - Issue  date 13th Dec 2006 or later
7) Download the latest Fileset English-Dutch  - Issue date 13th Dec 2006 or later
8 ) Download the latest Flags ( a new item on the Download page) - Issue date 16th Dec 2006 or later

When you get all downloaded:
Start IG Pro (or Bonsai Genie)
Start the Preferences program
Locate the check box "Allow auto screen resizing"
Check this for Large screens.
If you have problems, go back to preferences and uncheck.

If you check the above, you have an additional option. Points to add to font size
Set this to 0 if you have good eyesight. Your lists (e.g. of plants) will display more lines - Good for working with the Master database.
Dont set it any higher than 3 or 4. Captions may be too big to fit the buttons and allocated space on screen.
Aw- go ahead and experiment!!

Language Feature (New)
If you set "Show Language Flags" to Yes (again in preferences), a flag will appear when you run GA037. Click (its a toggle) the flag to switch between English and Dutch language (flags change accordingly). Only a few words translated as a test thanks to Frodo (tee hee)

Please send me an email and let me know how you get on.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:16:39 PM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Full screen display for IG Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:40:39 PM »
All systems go again.
Ready for downloading

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »
I recently queried of George if it would be possible to have the small screens in IG Pro scaleable. Immediately he replied with the news that he was just in the process of publishing the necessary upgrades to make this possible. I of course jumped straight in and downloaded any file available that wasn't up to date on my system. The scaling didn't work. Why? Because I'd jumped the gun just a little before George had published the latest version of the all important Special GA901. This is the one that pulls the trigger of the starting gun on all the new updates. You can have them all nicely downloaded and installed but nothing will happen without 901 version 6 . I had the previous version and this wouldn't activate the full screen and font scaling gizmos. So - if anyone else, like me jumped in a little early and things won't work then check your 901 and with the right one things work like a charm. It's very easy to do and very worthwhile for anyone who needs or prefers the larger screens. As yet, full screen is only available for three programs but George informs me that the update will spread as he gets the time (does George ever sleep I wonder?). Anyway, thanks again George for accomodating us all so willingly and so well.

Merry Christmas

trevor Ellis

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 01:20:53 PM »
It was nice to be in front for a change, Trevor! Some of my Bank Genie customers are anxious to get this feature.
If this solution works for all users, then it will be applied geenrally to all systems, as time allows.

Thanks for all your support in this Trevor. The forum is a terrific medium for announcing new developments.
Its critical for me to get early feedback.

What works on my computer, and my test computer, is NOT always guaranteed to work on user computers - all part of the fun!
In this case, messages like yours, to explain your experience in applying this new development, is invaluable for others - heading off potential problems.

Sleep? Ive got used to a pattern. In 2000 to 2003 I got by on 4 to 5 hours on IG. Now its a bit more relaxed - 5 to 6 mid week, 7 weekends.
I work until about 1 to 2 am each night. Its also my most productive time. Once I get started on something, its hard to stop. Its more exciting than ever!
This works in well as I can respond quickly to email from our US friends.