Author Topic: Queen  (Read 4701 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Queen
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
What AM I doing up at this time of night! I gave the 4 am sessions up a LONG time ago- after releasing IG Pro!!

Well, watched Match of the Day, my favourite program of the week - Gary Lineker, Hansen and Lawrenson are a class act.
Then still sipping a beer - Ive been writing software (Bank Genie Pro)   from 8am to 11 pm (a few breaks in between) so thought I deserved one - and switched over to find a music channel, and found a program on the making of an album - A Night at the Opera by one of my all time favourite bands - Queen.
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Night_at_the_Opera_%28Queen_album%29

Narrated mostly by Brian May (lead guitarist) and Roger Taylor (drummer) - and quite a few interviews with the great man himself - Freddie Mercury. it was a truly fascinating program.
Anybody see it?

What an unbelievable band!
In my book there are two all time guitar wizards - guitarists who can compose unbelievably beautiful guitar masterpieces - inventive, imaginative, blow your mind music!!
 - Brian May and Marl Knopfler.

Anyway, it finished off with that greatest of great songs. Bohemian Rhapsody.
I learned that it took them 3 weeks to produce that one track.
If I didn't know already, it proved they were perfectionists.
I first heard that song on Top of the Pops when Julian was a toddler - and it was just so much out of this world compared to the music of the day (and it was pretty good in those days)
That song sounded as good tonight as it did back then - the mark of a real classic.
Program finished off with the last track on the album - guess what? Queen playing - "The Queen"
Brilliant 8)
Now that show was what I call "a kinda magic"

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:14:48 AM by ideasguy »