Author Topic: petrol prices  (Read 3445 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
petrol prices
« on: July 17, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
how much is petrol in uk these days as we are coming over in a couple weeks, if i know roughly how much i wont faint at the pumps and go how much  ::)  ;D

NightHawk

Re: petrol prices
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
It really depends where you stop to refuel Phil, and which part of the Uk you intend to visit.

We have found that as a general rule, supermarket garages are the cheapest.  For example, Tesco charge about 93p per litre for unleaded, and £1.03p for diesel.
Morrisons are charging 99p unleaded, not certain about diesel though.  I use unleaded so that's all I really take notice of anyway.

These are prices in the northeast of England, but they could fluctuate elsewhere, but I can't help there. 

Hope this helps.

Laurie.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:44:55 PM »

Passed one petrol station today where both diesel and unleaded were 103.9p per litre.
You get yours cheap Laurie.

Malcolm

Offline roiphil

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »
over here unleaded ?1.11 a liter which converts to about 95p, as for the refueling i make sure i have tank full this side on the ferry and that gets us to where we are going, thanks for all replies

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
Avoid motorway filling stations, Phil. I agree with Laurie that supermarkets are usually cheapest. Morrisons in High Wycombe is currently 99.9 pence a litre.

Eric H

Offline roiphil

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »
Avoid motorway filling stations, Phil. I agree with Laurie that supermarkets are usually cheapest. Morrisons in High Wycombe is currently 99.9 pence a litre.

Eric H
yes i never fill up on motorways if i can avoid it, luckily a tankfull will get us from pembroke docks down to rugby, fill it up again at tescos, half a tank approx to and back from mersea island, we were going to high wycombe (my birth town, rutland avenue, went to castlefield middle school then cressex, back in the old days) but my dad is going to mersea island so we are all meeting up there, then a bit of running around and cheap asda shopping  ;D to smuggle back acrosss the border  ;), last time we were over did 1200 miles in 4 days  :o, oh the joys of driving and the best part was driving over here, not so many cars or speed cameras,

Phil

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »
we were going to high wycombe (my birth town, rutland avenue, went to castlefield middle school then cressex, back in the old days)
Well what a coincidence, Phil. I was not born in High Wycombe but I have lived on Downley Common (which you must know) for the last 53 years so I am beginning to get accepted in the village  :). Rutland Avenue must be all of 2 miles from here!
Have a good trip.

Eric H

Offline roiphil

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »
we were going to high wycombe (my birth town, rutland avenue, went to castlefield middle school then cressex, back in the old days)
Well what a coincidence, Phil. I was not born in High Wycombe but I have lived on Downley Common (which you must know) for the last 53 years so I am beginning to get accepted in the village  :). Rutland Avenue must be all of 2 miles from here!
Have a good trip.

Eric H
spooky  ;D, i bet high wycombe has changed since i was their last time, must have been late 80s, 1989 must be, downley common rings a bell,

Offline Eric Hardy

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »
i bet high wycombe has changed since i was their last time, must have been late 80s, 1989 must be
It most certainly has, Phil, and like most places not for the better. Luckily we have the common between us and the town which is not only Green Belt but a Conservation Area and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty so not much changes in the immediate vicinity. The town centre is a different matter. I don't know if you remember a large open car park in Oxford Road known locally as "the Western Desert". Well that is now a new shopping centre called Eden. It has all the usuals, House of Fraser, M & S and so on but has had the effect of pulling the centre westwards with the result that there are empty shops in the High Street and White Hart Street (if you remember them). Opposite on Oxford Road they are building a large Sainsbury's and Multi Storey car park which replaces the low rise shops. We usually go to the town to the open air market in the High Street and pretend to ourselves that all this new stuff doesn't exist  :) Here is a photo to jog your memory. The tower crane in the distance was there when they were building the new centre.

Here they are starting the new centre. I haven't brought myself to record the finished product yet

Here are some on someone elses Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/60099803@N00/3360126746/in/set-72157615308928001/

Cheers

Eric

Offline roiphil

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
thanks for that eric, when we left wycombe i was 13ish so it all seems vague im afraid but i remember it being a very hilly places, just down the road from rutland avenue there were some flats and the grass area were slopes, my grandad built me a go kart and yep you guessed it i just had to go down this very steep grass slope  8)  ::) great fun when your 10ish