Ideas Genie > General discussion

Demos and Screenshots in ideasgenie website

<< < (2/7) > >>

ideasguy:
Thanks again Laurie.
I bought a program called Snagit to create those screenshot captions.
Its a wonderful tool!
Problem is each one is a lot of effort, and working it into the website is so time consuming.

I'd much prefer to be getting on with development!
Mind you, I enjoyed playing with the software and unveiling the little niceties in the different screens. Hope its not confusing!

Theres also a Video offering by the same company - Techsmith - for Demos (a bit expensive)
I'd need a volunteer for the narrator. I'm not sure visitor would how visitors would take to my brogue :D

bossgard:
George:

I wouldn't worry about your brogue! You were certainly understandable when I heard you on Logitech Vid. Besides, isn't that the beauty of all this technology about getting to know people from different lands and different backgrounds. And different 'voices'.

You've intrigued me about Techsmith. It would make a beautiful marketing tool for your software, plus the potential of an educational tool for your software users to follow! Can you explain it briefly. I can understand a microphone that would record your voice, but how is the screenshot(s) of your demonstration taken. Internally on the computer similiar to 'print screen' or is it an outside camera aimed at your screen (and you)?

I can see it all now, think of it as a sales tool that would be continuously running at your IdeasGenie booth at the Seattle Garden Show!

- Toby

Palustris:
Everything seems to work ok on Dialup too.

roiphil:
i like it very much especilly the green, (associated with gardening  ;) ) clicked on several links and they worked marks out of 10, i would give you 10

ideasguy:
Thanks Phil, Eric, Toby and Laurie :)
Ive found there is a Video option in the Snagit program which I bought!
Ive had a go, but it would need a lot of polishing on the steps and what to say.
I may post a sample for a giggle  :D
Problem is, even a small video has a file size of about 6mb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version