Photography > Hints and Tips

Weird lighting again!

<< < (2/2)

Lyn and Malcolm:

Sorry to hear about the focus problem.
How could it happen with both cameras? where you on auto focus with both, if so the lack of light may have been the problem. not allowing the auto focus to work properly.

Cleaning lenses George

Well I tend to use my slr lenses "Naked" ie without any filters. A decent filter that doesn't detract from the quality of the lens, can cost up to 60 to 80 pounds.
When I need to clean a lens, I first blow off any dust with a Rocket blower, then gently blow onto the lens and then wipe the lens glass with a Microfibre cloth gently. A small amount of dust etc on a lens is unlikely to show in a picture, a finger mark will. keep a lens cap on when not taking pictures.

Malcolm

NightHawk:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on March 07, 2009, 10:13:41 PM ---Incidentally, folk. Do you clean your lenses? What with?

--- End quote ---
Here's a very useful link describing this process - especially useful for the less comfortable/experienced camera users.  ;)

How to Clean Camera Lenses

Admirably describes the process Malcolm and I adhere to.  ;D

Laurie.

Palustris:
Both lens are clean (done as described and cap kept on anyway)
Talked to the professional photographers and both said that there was little point taking pictures in the Hall as no matter what they did they could not get a true colour representation. The lighting is so varied throughout. Near the windows you get some natural light, in the middle it is the odd orange filtered and at the end some of the orange covers have been changed for translucent and  it is in shadow. See what I mean. They are allowed to remove plants to the natural outside light.
I think the problem with one camera was that the Autoficus was turned off somehow and the other I do not know. Hopefully the majority of the plants are likely to be in Blackpool next Saturday so I will try again then, if we manage to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version