Plants > Acer

Japanese Maple Showcase

(1/2) > >>

whis4ey:
An opportunity to have a look at a few new pages on my website featuring these beautiful plants
Included is a brand new slideshow 'It's just a leaf'
Let me know if you find any bad links ......
http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/ThePlants.html

ideasguy:
Thats brilliant Billy. The slideshow is very impressive, but gosh, those leaves are just beautiful.
Thanks for posting the link. I'll be bac to "play it again Sam" over a teabreak!

Was it difficult to create and add that slideshow to your web site? Disc space?

whis4ey:
The slideshow is just 6KB George (and then the pics I suppose)
The slideshow is available (free) from DynamicDrive (the link is on the Slideshow page)
Simple enough to set up, but my antiquated html programme messes it up after I save and try to re open, so I have to make all changes on first go :)
Maybe you, as an expert programmer, can tell me how to change the background from white without then hiding the slideshow itself?

greenfinger:
Now, now, now .... look at that!! A real cornucopia.
Delicious to stroll tru the images. And to come back when one whishes without leaving the fauteuil. (am I going lazy perhaps??)
Keep the good work up, Billy!
I downloaded the Flash Slideshow Maker and played a bit with it.

ideasguy:
When I get the upgrades finished, I'll have a go at that Billy. It really is a lovely presentation.

RE:

--- Quote ---how to change the background from white without then hiding the slideshow itself
--- End quote ---

You could do that by editing the HTML document.
Ive had a look at the source behind the page. Heres how you do that.
Start the show.
Right click on the page
Click View Source
The source opens in Notepad (on my computer)
Its all done with a neat bit of scripting using Javascript.
You can edit the HTML content, of course (but locally, it wont change your web page on your site - only you can do that)
Its a simple matter of editing the source to add other content to the web page, then publishing the web page to your server again.
You could:
Add a Style sheet, to change the background, fonts etc
Add links to other pages on your web site, or external web sites.

I'll definitely look at this when I have time, and may make it an option in the Web Page Generator in IG Pro.
Good work in getting it going Billy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version