Suppliers > Plant Suppliers

Imberhorne Lane Nursery - Catalog on CD

<< < (3/3)

NightHawk:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on April 17, 2008, 09:36:09 PM ---Laurie has made an observation about the names of a series of Rhododendrons. I'll let Laurie explain  :)

--- End quote ---

This was found during the testing of the catalog when I was adding some plants to the Mail Order.

I had gone into the Rhododendron section and was looking down all the varieties.  I had a good chortle here because I started to see names like Sneezy and Grumpy.  I started to think this is a coincidence..... they sound like the names of Snow White's dwarves.  And the more I went down the list I saw all the others appearing.  This was obviously not a coincidence, but deliberately done that way.  ;D  Very amusing I thought.

It's amazing what you find when you really look.  8)

It would be really great to see more people give this catalog a test and have fun at the same time.

Laurie.

ideasguy:
After a long interlude, I'm back on this project.
I had a word with Mike (the owner of Imberhorne) at the weekend. Ive set the software up for Nurseries to use, but in Imberhornes case it needs a lot of input from Mike to add Prices and Buy Options for his stock.
The Catalogs program (GA040) which you use to explore the finished article needed more work to make it work for Chiltern, and after that, the improvements I did for that project need to be applied for the previous catalogs (Imberhorne and Gower Fuchsias)

When we get this up and running, I think Phil may want to create a catalog for his enterprise.

roiphil:
yes a catalog is worth thinking about later in the year/early next year, have you finished playing with chiltern catalog as i have not downloaded it yet and you did say to wait cos you had a bit of tinkering to do on it
Phil

ideasguy:
Still tinkering, due to Imberhorne.
I'm preparing to upload some things now. Will let you know.

ideasguy:
Ive now published the updated catalog.
Its not ready for you guys to download yet.
Mike has downloaded, plus a list of updates I recommended, and we talked for almost an hour this evening on the phone. I took him through the procedure for setting up the Catalog (you'll see the programs under the Nurseries tab on the IG Menu)
Hes made exceptionally good progress. Its been very straight forward so far.
Mike is configuring the Delivery options, Couriers, weight breaks etc.
I'll keep you informed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version