Plants > Peonies

suprise plant!

<< < (2/3) > >>

trishs:
Rather an incomplete bloom and no better a picture than before really

and at last a bloom (amongst weeds again!) on the tree peony down the garden (we also have one growing in a large pot on the patio, but that has no flowers open yet this year)

Palustris:
That Paeony is familiar. Sure we have something like it. Not that it helps much, most of ours are no longer labelled.

Eric Hardy:
We love Peonies, Trish. We planted a couple of very small tree peony plants four years ago. They have plenty of healthy leaves but are still not much more than 18 inches tall. Has anybody any idea how long it might be before we can expect a bloom or two?

Eric H

trishs:

--- Quote from: Eric Hardy on July 01, 2013, 11:47:55 AM ---We love Paeonies, Trish. We planted a couple of very small tree paeony plants four years ago. They have plenty of healthy leaves but are still not much more than 18 inches tall. Has anybody any idea how long it might be before we can expect a bloom or two?

Eric H

--- End quote ---

Both of my plants started in pots and have always flowered since purchase.  The one I planted down the garden needed to be let loose or repotted which would have been tricky.  The one still in a pot has now really reached the same stage and reluctantly will have to be dealt with one way or another soon.  I like having it near the house though because the leaves are rather elegant even when it's not in bloom.  I don't know why yours are reluctant to flower though;  do they seem otherwise healthy?

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: trishs on July 01, 2013, 12:04:16 PM ---  I don't know why yours are reluctant to flower though;  do they seem otherwise healthy?

--- End quote ---
Yes, they are certainly healthy. I wish now we had splashed out on some larger plants. These were one of these "too good to miss" offers where we bought pretty immature plants for next to nothing. Of course we now have to be patient until they mature. Perhaps we should have nursed them along in pots before planting them out.

Eric H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version