Plants > General discussion

A picture says a 1000 words

<< < (2/2)

ideasguy:
Thanks for the info Phil. Its good that you can control the label length.

Does it only kick out that one inch blank piece when you put in a new tape?
As far as I know (so far) my PT2730 throws that one inch blank every time I start a print session. By chaining the labels, I can keep adding more items and print, but as you say, the last label is trapped inside, needing another blank to kick it out.
That's disappointing in that my requirements are a printer for printing single labels on demand.
It does that of course, but the tapes are much too expensive to waste. For one plant label, the leading and trailing blank pieces would be as long as the printed portion of the label >:(

roiphil:
hi george
yes it only kicks out the blank bit when you put in a new tape, chaining the labels is the best way to go, i find, you can cut off the last label, it tells you how in your book, but when you go to print again it will chuck out a blank bit, not sure if you can alter the blank bit length but on mine they are about 25mm
phil

ideasguy:
Thanks Phil. The manual says its 23mm on my PT2730 and it looks like that is a fixed dimension.
Chain is good, but it feeds and cust a leading 23mm on PT2730.
I see a No cut option and it doesn't feed and cut the 23mm.
Have you that option?

roiphil:
tape width you can buy all different widths its just that i use 18mm because that size fits my arrow stick in labels, i think you should be able to use a narrower tape, in your book at the back under F have you a bit that says feed and cut option

to feed and cut the last label on my machine i press down the upward pointing arrow (bottom row) you will see in the lcd dispaly feed and cut select this by pressing big squarish button to the right, when selected press the blue button to the left with the magnifying glass on this should feed and cut your last label

my book is hard to follow as bits of it seem to be all over the place for instructions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version