Author Topic: Happy New Year everyone  (Read 2644 times)

NightHawk

Happy New Year everyone
« on: December 31, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
We've designed this little message to wish all of our members a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

From Kathy & Laurie.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:15:58 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Re: Happy New Year everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »

Yes happy New Year to all.

It will soon be time to get the propagator plugged in for those seeds, and prepare for another year in the garden.

Best wishes

Lyn and Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
Happy New Year everyone and heres wishing you good health to enjoy a fresh new gardening season.
Thats a fine bit of artwork, Kathy and Laurie! Well done!

Offline 3fren

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
Fantastic Kathy and Laurie, so clever !  I am still struggling to attach pictures.

Here's wishing all and love ones
               a
Happy, Healthy, and Wealthy New Year, (in this order)

Warmest regards (we have plenty of sun  31 C and 24 C )
jessie

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:36:15 AM »
 ::)
Not had any contact with you for some time but wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Bill

Tom

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »
Nolliag Chrindheil agus Bliadhna mhath ur, a gaelic greeting from the frozen north. It has been -5 for the past week, my garden looks like a postcard from Lappland. Tom.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 12:08:41 AM »
Happy New Year all.
Here in Ireland its 1st January 2009! Fireworks are a poppin outside from the revelers. We had a quiet evening at home.

Folk in US have a few hours to go in 2008 yet  :)

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »
A Happy New Year from Spain.  We were in Malta for Christmas  ( whole story on my gardenblog.  www.themenopausalgardener.com) Sunny but chilly here, Lavender flowering still.  A nice evening with a bottle of Cava and watching Jools Holland on the box.

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
New Year??? Which new year?
Just woke up from hibernating.
My late but sincere wishes to all of you from freezing Flanders.

Offline JeanV

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »
I am back to earth after a visit from a Chinese student over Christmas and a week with illustrious grandson number one visiting. I am somewhat in awe of all these garden experts, our garden is probably as big in total as one of your beds! Even my local garden centre thinks we have little room for more plants!

Until the last cold snap (well coldish for Mid Wales -8) the garden was still green and the pond only frozen over night.  After living in the North West I think Spring comes early here so I am looking forward to the Weir Garden snowdrops soon and Berrington Hall. (Both near Hereford and recommended wheb snowdrops bloom) Last year it opened this week becauase it was so mild! 

Happy New Year btw.
Jean Vann

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
Happy New Year to you Jean, and I'm delighted to see you back on the forum!
I can see you had a busy time at Christmas! I'm sure your Chinese student visitor had a wonderful time - a real cultural treat.
What age is your number one grandson?

RE:
I am somewhat in awe of all these garden experts, our garden is probably as big in total as one of your beds! Even my local garden centre thinks we have little room for more plants!
You are among friends here, Jean. I've stated in other topics in the forum that the size of a garden doesnt matter.
Most gardeners break their garden into garden rooms and we can all gain from sharing our ideas on how and what to plant in them.
I'm a great believer in Its not what you grow, its the way that you grow it
Reading between the lines I can see you are a true plant lover (all those visits to the garden centre and gardens open to the public)
You are very welcome here  :)

NightHawk

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
I echo all that George has said there Jean.

Although we haven't exchanged greetings before you are definitely welcome here.

Our gardens, front and back are also quite small, relatively speaking  :D, but we can get a fine collection of beautiful plants to blossom and flourish.  So don't feel inadequate about the size of your garden.  Look at it this way - the bigger the garden, the more work you have to put into it to keep it weed-free, etc.  Just give the big garden owners a wry smile.  ;)

We hope you can get onto the Forum as much as possible, as input from our members is paramount - not only to the success of the Forum, but to the valuable knowledge that we can all gain from each other.

Laurie.