Author Topic: On the move  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Lynda A

• My website
On the move
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:03:55 PM »
Good afternoon everybody, sorry I've not contributed much lately.  Hope everything is getting straight n the garden George.  I dropped Alistair at the airport this morning, as he is over to the UK to see his publisher.  He'll be back tomorrow night, but still miss him. We went over to Malta last week,  and ended up buying a property there.  We don't seem to do anything by halves :-)  Loved the island and went over to Gozo - so much history  - Alistair next book will be researched there and i have plans for my next book to be about creating a Roman Apothecary garden  ( if i can get my head down and finish this one)  So our is house on the market  www.livedifferently.co.UK  Feel free to pass it on too as many people as possible.  And another busy period now starts of getting organized. Changing to a completely different sort of lifestyle, four bedroomed duplex on the sea front with all amenities  eg beach house and restaurants, shops, cinema health/spa centre.  Its going to be interesting to say the least.  Now have t go and check on my Neem seeds that I planted and see if anything is appearing.  I am going to take my olive trees that are in pots over to Malta, but have to design a new garden ( a tiny one this time)
Love to all   

NightHawk

Re: On the move
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
WOW, Lynda, where did that come from.  :o :o

We are completely shocked.  You seemed so happy in Spain and doing all those alterations to the garden.

You must really have fallen in love with Malta to give all that up.  ;D  It does sound like a dream location though.  Should give Alistair plenty of inspiration for his next book.  Look forward to hearing more of your next book too.

Anyway, picking myself up off the floor and collecting my thoughts now.

We wish you every success in your move and hope everything goes well.

Good luck too to Alistair for his meeting with his publisher.

Please keep us updated on your move, and of course we'll all be greatly interested to see what your new gardens will look like.  ;D

Laurie.

P.S.  You'll probably have to be called Lynda Malta soon.  :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:00:32 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
What a shock indeed, especially so soon after that massive "Sunken Garden" project.

I'd like to echo all the things Laurie has said. You had a large garden in Spain, so smaller could still be quite large. Tell us a wee bit about your plans for a "Roman Apothecary garden "

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 12:17:58 PM »
Thank you for your comments , and yes  Lynda Malta, it will have to be  :D
I have really finished the garden here and we would like to be able to walk to places  ( planning for Alistair old age)  Joke.  Max will be able to have a social life as he gets older, its very cut off where we live now.  I'm thinking along the lines of a box parterre with herbs that would have been grown and used by the Romans.  The garden is really small so i am going to try to get involved with a garden nursery, on the island if i can find one.  Not sure in what way yet.  No frost or snow on Malta.  Looking forward to  the new challenge.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:54:57 PM »

Unbelievable  :o  :o

An unbelievable property you have know, and unbelievable that you should want to move away from it.  :'(

Best wishes to you both in your new home.

Malcolm