Author Topic: Gold Star to Laurie  (Read 3108 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Gold Star to Laurie
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »
As I write, the bottom line shows we had 12 users active in past 600 mins.
(I set that to 600 mins so we can see the records of visitors on both sides of the Atlantic in one view.)
Thats a real good achievement Laurie.
I think we as a group of members agree you should have one of those Gold Stars   8)
It takes time to get to know one another, but since Ive corresponded with each of you individually I knew this forum was a great idea. My dream was that one day we would have an active and vibrant forum where my correspondents would communicate with each other, a place where we could all benefit from our combined experience and knowledge, and when we need encouragement, to read and see the achievements of others to fire up our enthusiasm.
I floundered for a long time, until Andre volunteered to act as moderator. He is now in a new job and doesn't have the spare time he once had. I gingerly asked asked Laurie if he would help administer, and I'm pleased to say he volunteered, and as you can see, we now have a forum to be proud of. 

A Gold Star is certainly due for his effort and commitment.

Keep up the good work Laurie, and keep visiting all you good folk who read this.
Its your forum. Enjoy it!

NightHawk

Gold Star to Laurie
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »
Thank you for that George.  High praise indeed.  :-[

It's an honour and privilege being Moderator, and it's nice to hear that I've made a difference.

With the continued support from our members the Forum can only go from strength to strength.

But let's also not forget the contribution from you George.  Through your determination and perseverance you have held the Forum together and ensured it eventually became your dream.  I am proud to be part of that.

As you have bestowed upon me one of my Gold Stars, I gladly accept, and display it with pride.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:35:30 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Gold Star to Laurie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »
Well, as is tradition here:
Congratulations Laurie and thanks once again for your valuable contribution to the forum.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: Gold Star to Laurie
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »
Congratulations Laurie and thanks once again for your valuable contribution to the forum.

Just seen this. "Hear Hear" I say! ;D

Eric H

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »

Just seen this. "Hear Hear" I say! ;D

Eric H

ditto just seen aswell and i agree, for doing an outstanding job, when some of us get stuck you on a part of ig pro or fg you are their with answers to help, thankyou

NightHawk

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »
Thank you George, Eric H and Phil, it's much appreciated.  :-[  ;D

Laurie.