Author Topic: In like a lamb........  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Palustris

In like a lamb........
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
March brings breezes loud and shrill. So windy it is hard to stand up out there today. Gardening can go hang, I hate wind. Comes of living at the seaside and watching Promenade shelters blowing away along the shore!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: In like a lamb........
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
When its windy, or a cold light wind blowing, I look for a sheltered part of the garden. Theres always something to do, no matter which part turns out to be the most sheltered.
Ive soooo much to do I just have to get out every minute available. (These day jobs can be such a pain  ???)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:55 PM »

George said

Ive soooo much to do I just have to get out every minute available

I know what it's like, and our garden is much smaller than yours George.

After 5 weekends of fulltime working in the garden, thanks to the weather. We can see the fruits of our labour.
Can't sit back and rest yet, and as soon as we reckon there will be no more frosts, all the tender plants have to come out of their winter Quarters.
According to IG pro we have 170 plants in pots, big and small. No that is not a typing error, I do mean 170.
And some of them I can only just manouvre into place, and I am not a weakling yet.

Back to topic
Yes has been very windy down here too, and with a chill to it as well, just as well we tied in a lot of new growth on the Clematis yesterday, otherwise we would have had a lot damaged in the wind. It takes a lot of time and string to keep 100+ under control.

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Thats a lot of pots!

Ive been replacing the staging in my greenhouse over this past 3 weekends - between other jobs as well, of course, you know what its like! Also washing the glass. A bit late for all this, but I was kinda busy with other things all winter  ;)
Ive had to carry all out and back in at end of day 3 times so far! Such a pile of stuff both on top and under the benches!
Incidentally, on top, I put dexion shelves, turned upside down, lined with plastic then an inch or so of hort. grit.
They had rotted, so I had to get replacements. Fortunately, I managed to find discarded shelving in my day job, in very good condition. It took an hour or more to dismantle then transport from Belfast to home.

I understand moving pots, and Ive nothing like 170  :o

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
Not much plant wise my end apart from cutting grass here and at the site, and 1 baby goat born on saturday to the brown goat and 1 today from the white goat, great joys so much for goat downsizing now i have 5, reminder to self never ever take in a free female goat cos you never know 1 may become 2

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
Look at the bright side. 5 goats will cut down the grass cutting, Phil, and free fertilising.