Author Topic: July Invitation to view  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Palustris

July Invitation to view
« on: July 08, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »
Feel a bit guilty in some ways, showing these, when so many people have suffered so much damage with the weather. We have been very lucky and while the garden is a bit soggy, it is actually thriving.
Still friends who lost their garden altogether (last seen floating down river!)said I should go ahead, so here it is, taken Thursday morning.  We have spent the last few weeks, dodging raindrops, trying to get the garden looking as good as possible for a big family party for my wife's 60 th. birthday
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Berghill/July07/

Just to add that I do not feel quite so guilty today. We had a gale last night(Thursday) which demolished the marquee, beyond repair, that we had just finished erecting for the party on Saturday. Been round just and cut back or stood up as many plants as possible.
Great summer we are having!!!!!!!

Today(Sunday) after the party we are both exhausted, but the guests were stunned by the garden. The weather was kind and it all went well..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 05:52:50 PM by Palustris »

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: July Inviation to view
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »
I see you work with borders in islands (forgive me if it sounds like a pun in the given meteo situations). They are richly filled. Can you give us an idea about the plants you use to make these borders?

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »
Tried to make a list once for someone and got fed up long before I had finished. We grow everything from Acanthus to Zauschneria.

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
IG Pro could be a good help. ;)

Offline Palustris

Re: July Invitation to view
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »
Would still have to type them in and go and find out what there is and it costs money!  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: July Invitation to view
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »
Have you uploaded any more photos of your garden lately Eric?