Author Topic: Apple iPad  (Read 4370 times)

NightHawk

Apple iPad
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »
To start off this new Board I have recently purchased an Apple iPad 3rd-generation tablet.

As you know, I am a computer nut, making extensive use of them in my everyday life.

I had been considering purchasing a Tablet for a long time and became very impressed with Apple's offering in their iPad range.

The version I went for is the newest (obviously) sporting a retina screen which gives a crystal clear display for graphics and text.

I also opted for the Wi-Fi and cellular model, which allows Internet access either from Wi-Fi hotspots or through a cellular phone network when Wi-Fi access in not in range.

At the end of this month the new 4G speed of cellular network is due to arrive, so when this happens I'll be looking to purchase a data card for my iPad to take advantage of this.

Anyway, at the moment I'm still getting to grips with what this little baby of mine can do.  It has a 5-megapixel camera which produces stunning high definition images, and can record HD movies too.

It will be ideal for our Geocaching pastime, which will allow me to access the geocaching.com website 'in the field' to view cache locations on Ordnance Survey maps and update our 'finds' to the same website.

There are many more things it can do, so check out all the features at Apple's website.

Apple offer you free registration to an iCloud online account with 5GB of free storage space.  This allows you to upload any of your files, documents, photos, etc., which are encrypted, and can then be remotely accessed from any of your other devices.

Boys and their toys  ::)

Laurie.