Garden Buildings, Garden Tools and Equipment > General discussion

Rotovators

<< < (4/4)

NightHawk:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on August 13, 2012, 04:03:36 PM ---The first time I set it in motion the thing nearly took me off my feet. Mary was watching from the kitchen window and she said I suddenly disappeared :D

--- End quote ---
That could have been nasty George  :o  Must have given Mary quite a scare at first.

Just goes to prove that, no matter how careful you are with power equipment, accidents can (and do) happen.  Always expect the unexpected.
And ALWAYS wear the appropriate safety gear too - which I'm quite sure you were George  ;)

ideasguy:
It was just the sudden tug of 5.5 horses Laurie. I'd never used a rotovator or tiller before so I wasn't prepared for liftoff :D
As with most things, its quite easy once you know how.

roiphil:
Yes one should always be carefull to many accidents are caused by machiney and the constant operator getting complacent and taking short cuts thats when accidents happen, the old dragon rotavator i used to have you started with a crank handle at the front and if you got to close to it as it started it would kick back and you risk looseing some teeth  :-X

phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version