Garden Buildings, Garden Tools and Equipment > General discussion

Rotovators

<< < (3/4) > >>

ideasguy:
That does help indeed Trevor, thank you. I still havent selected anything yet.
I do like the fact that the Mantis can have those attachments.

roiphil:
Hi George
Been a while just doing a bit of catching up, on rotavators i have used howards, i can reccomend them as good machines i used to have a howard dragon 20 plus years ago, one of the bigger models, there is also a howard gem, when we moved i bought over a cheap model called jcb it was loosely based on something like the smaller mcculloch type ranges with no wheels on just blades it did a good job but for stability i would tend to go for one with wheels on the front then the blades at the back,

I used a howard the other week but it is attached to the back of a tractor just a case of sit in press some buttons and steer, takes the fun out of getting clods of mud in your boots though  ;D

did you choose well or not yet, if you can get a second hand howard fantastic
all the best
phil

ideasguy:
Hi Phil, and as Laurie says it great to have you back on the forum.
I finally bought a 5.5HP Grillo Princess, details here:
http://www.thegreenreaper.co.uk/Cutivators_Tillers_Rotavators/Petrol_Cultivators_Tillers_Rotavators/Grillo_Princess_5.5hp_Cultivator.html

I can tell you, it is one awesome piece of kit :D which I have nicknamed (as you might guess) the Gorilla - its a beast ;D
I have used it to break up fallow ground - stones, nettle roots, tangled grass roots, shrub roots - no problem!!!

roiphil:
looks good bit of kit the gorilla  ;D nice idea with the discs on the side of the tynes
phil

ideasguy:
Yes, they keep it stable, I guess.
The reverse gear is essential for something that weight and size. It means I can do three point turns and all sorts of maneuvering tricks.
The first time I set it in motion the thing nearly took me off my feet. Mary was watching from the kitchen window and she said I suddenly disappeared :D
The first thing I learned from that was to make sure that stabliser depth control bar at the back is pressed firmly into the ground to create a bit of "drag" :D
Once I got the hang of it, I knew I'd made a good decision :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version