Our Gardens > My Garden

Photo of Andres Nursery (Belgium)

(1/3) > >>

ideasguy:
Thought I'd surprise my good friend with this photo he sent me recently

greenfinger:
It's not because I have seen a lot of vanity in my life that I'm totally free myself from this vice.
Au contraire. First thing I did when I opened this Forum and I saw the hubberlinck was clicking on it. And what seemed the case: au lieu of seeing the queen of my work a most frustrating text hit me in my bifocals: "It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board."
This whole thing really is shortening my life. Is there still anybody out who can help me?

Pixydish:
It is lovely! And complete with cat! How flat it is there - so different from here where one never sees the horizon as it is always blocked by mountains on either side.

greenfinger:
Indeed flat. That's why we are called during centuries already the Low Countries. (i.e. Holland and Belgium: our highest "peaks" in the east of the country are about 600 and a few meters).
About the border itself: I applicate (or try to) the principles of the Dutch plantsman Piet Oudolf and the Americans James Van Sweden and Wolfgang Oehme. (=a majority of perennials, strong hardiness, needing not too much staking, not too much improvement of the cultivars so they are still near their ancestors the plants in free nature and have a good resistance against diseases and pests).

Pixydish:
I love Piet Oudolf's books on the Natural Garden. I pour over the photos and text and take copious notes. When I saw your border, it did remind me of his book 'Planting the Natural Garden', so it does not surprise me at all that you are familiar with his planting principles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version