Plants > Plant of the Moment

Bulbocodium vernum

(1/2) > >>

Palustris:
This is a lovely but quite small spring bulb, about the size of a small crocus.

ideasguy:
A very nice one Eric and thanks for the introduction.
That plant is in the Master Database. No photo at present,so an inclusion in another CD sometime would be much appreciated.
Ivebeen working on your photos last week - the named photos older. My,its packed with photos.
The odd thing is - the Master Database has 36,000 plants, yet when I go to link your photos I very often find I have to add yet another plant to the database!
You have grown a very extensive range of plants Eric  :)

Incidentally, I did a quick surf, and that one has 11 suppliers listed in the RHS Plantfinder
Theres also one plant in the RHS plant finder with the name Bulbocodium vernum white-flowered
Only one supplier for that one.
Add the plant to your database, and Click your RHS button folk.

Heres a page with useful info about Eric plant:
http://www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/spring/productview/?sku=08-0101                                                       

Whats your appraisal of that one Eric? Do you recommend it?

Palustris:
Never seen the white one, would love to get hold of that. As for the other, well I have only ever succeded with it in the Alpine house. I have tried it outside on the rock garden where it flowers, but then dies. It does set copious seed so I have a few potfuls of babies waiting to to tried in different places to see if I can find the right home. If these set seed I can send you some.

ideasguy:
They would be very much appreciated, Eric. Growing from seed is one of the most satisfying things about gardening in my book.
Greenhouse is pretty crammed with seed trays at present, and I'm enjoying the daily inspection to see how they germinate.

Palustris:
Flowering again now, spread a bit in the Alpine house too. Did I ever send you the seeds or did I forget (again!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version