Author Topic: Resizing problems on computers with 2 screens  (Read 1735 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Resizing problems on computers with 2 screens
« on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:26 PM »
I received an email from Tim (Donquixote on our forum) on Friday, after he installed Bank Genie Version 2 on his computer.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting started.   I got very, very large grey screens on the first installation.   As soon as I said OK to the 'not registered' message, all the Menus items were 'greyed out' and so I had to close the software using Windows Task Manager.   I'm on XP.

I then uninstalled Bank Genie and altered the resolution in Display Settings from 1024x768 to 800x600, re-started and re-intalled only to find exactly the same thing happened again.

I have 2 screens running simultaneously and wonder if that is the problem.

I've replied to Tim to say I did have a report of the same problem, (it was a Flower Genie installation) from MikeSanders (also a forum member) and we established that the problem was his 2-screen hardware configuration.

The temporary fix - Plan A:
The solution was to Un-check the Allow auto screen resizing setting.
In Bank Genie, you do this:
Starting Bank Genie
Start the Preferences program BS198
Un-check the Allow auto screen resizing setting
Click Save Changes

Easy to do, if you can drag the screens around to pull the Save Changes button into view.
Minimising doesnt help!! (more about that later)
Problem is, the Save Changes button is right at the bottom of the screen.
Mike was able to do this in FG, and got up and running. Since Tim had a grey screen, he couldnt do this.
See plan B!!

The temporary fix - Plan B:
Since Tim wasnt able to change the setting in Bank Genie, Ive sent him replacement Preference files
The Preference files are called
parametr.dbf and
parametr.fpt
Simply copy these into the Bank Genie installation folder. By default, this is:
c:\program files\Bank Genie
Start Bank Genie,and all should be well.

The permanent fix:
This is difficult for me, since I dont have, or dont have access to a 2-screen configuration set up.
However, since we now have 2 customers with this problem, I will investigate further.

Offline donquixote

Re: Resizing problems on computers with 2 screens
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »
SUCCESS! :)   Just overwritten the two param files you sent and I've now got the Program Selection screen YEAY!
Many thanks George.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Resizing problems on computers with 2 screens
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
Thats good news Tim.
Its good that it was the same problem as reported before by Mike, and easily fixed.

I will try to develop a solution so that you can do resizing on that computer setup.