Author Topic: Text Missing  (Read 3127 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Text Missing
« on: March 06, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »
What is the text in this box next to the tick please, screen GA100S36 the text is a very pale yellow and i cant read it, i have this special private effect somewhere else in ig

Edit
Found my other posting on this
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,873.msg4607.html#msg4607

and it is in the same screen select plant click on Edit Profile takes you to screen GA100S36 work with plant profile, really pale yellow text in Plant Label & Cult/Properties i have found this special private effect in so far
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:58:19 PM by roiphil »

NightHawk

Re: Text Missing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »
Not getting that in my IG Pro on an Windows XP PC.  ???

This is my result of screen GA100S36 -

As you can see, the black text is easily readable here.

Maybe it's got something to do with the Windows colour scheme you have set up in Vista Phil.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:23:15 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »
This tim, I'm relieved to say, its not a ghost.
The caption to that checkbox is Grouped and the caption (text) is always visible

However,  as you can see in the Screen capture posted by Laurie (thanks Laurie) that checkbox caption is in Yellow, to contrast with a blue background.

Your colour scheme seems to be ignoring the colours set in my program.
Check your display settings in Control Panel and see if theres anything you can do to get that to appear as normal.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:24:22 PM by ideasguy »

Offline roiphil

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:51:17 AM »
Thanks for all input so far, i have tried altering settings as best i can not knowing a lot about computers i dont really know what i am looking for, in control panel i can not find display settings so i fiddled about with screen resoulution etc but i still end up with the same result in ig, could it be a vista thing is any one else experiencing this in vista,

If any one with vista can tell me word for word what i am looking for to change display setting that would be great,

If i could take a hammer to it to fix it it would be so much easier  ;D i have a new chainsaw to try yet aswell  :o

George have you a fix that i could download at all and see if that sorts it

Thanks
Phil

EDIT
think i am getting there appearance settings set to windows classic and i now have same colour as laurie
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:05:51 PM by roiphil »

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »
You just beat me to it there Phil.  ;D

I was about to post some steps for you to follow which entailed going into your Display Properties menu.

Although I don't have a Vista PC to test it on, I was going to give you the procedure in XP.

I was going to suggest starting with the Windows Classic theme.  ;D

Great minds think alike.  :D

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »
yep all sorted i have xp classic theme which basiaclly turns browser colour into grey but that also meant that i can now see all that extra text in ig which is a good thing, so now if anyone else has same problem on vista we know how to fix it, thanks for all your help, its amazing how a different operating system XP/VISTA can mess up someones programme and this is out of control of the developer
Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
Hi Phil
I think its unacceptable that a Theme can completely ignore the colours of screens hard coded by developers.
Its yet another task thrown onto the shoulders of developers, having to make their screens compatible with THEIR (Microsoft) way.
Having spent the best part of a year to make the software WORK on Vista,now we are expected to check through all the screens in our programs.
Unfortunately, I cant rely on people selecting Classic theme.
Its old fashioned looking in comparison to the Themes available in Vista. That is also the case in the latest version of Windows - Windows 7 (Vista is soon going to be out of date). I have this on a computer in my day job.
Thus, I will change that font colour from Yellow to bog standard black, as that seems to be the only way to be sure it will work in all themes. If you have time to check in your original Theme, a report on any other "invisible" captions would be appreciated.

Offline roiphil

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 02:30:47 PM »
will check through for you in the week and report back

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »
Dont worry unduly, Phil.
I'll have to go through them one by one in any case.