Gardeners with web sites > My web site

My website

(1/2) > >>

The Gardener:
Well, as nobody else seems to want to be first - I'll do the honours!  My website is called A Flower Arranger's Garden, and the URL is http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk  Basically, it's a diary of what's happening in my garden each month, with lots of pictures of plants which are looking their best at the time and a description of the plant. There's a gallery of pictures of the garden, the water garden and the "new" garden (an extra bit we bought in 2003). Archives go back to 2000. There's also a flower arranging section with hints and tips for flower arranging, and a gallery of 200+ flower arrangements to browse.

ideasguy:
Thanks for gettting the ball rolling, Chrissie.

Quite a few Ideas Genie users have web sites, so perhaps others will now follow suit.

ideasguy:
Chrissie has posted the April 06 Garden Diary folk. Get along there and check it out.
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/diaryapril06.html

I see a lovely photo of Brunnera 'Jack Frost' on that page. Those leaves are just so gorgeous.
Have you any photos taken from a little further back on the plant Chrissie?
I've always meant to buy 'Jack Frost' or Brunnera macrophylla 'Hadspen Cream'
Thanks for reminding me.

The Gardener:
Yes George - here's a nice one............

ideasguy:
The photo on your web site:
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/diaryapril06.html
shows the little "forget-me-not" type flowers Chrissie, but the photo you've posted here shows just how exquisite the foliages is. Its a real beauty.
Hey, the photo is very very good quality!

I visited your web site today and caught up on the May and June 06 diary.
For our Master database, what colour would you enter for Arum italicum 'Chameleon'?

Trochodendron aralioides and Thermopsis caroliniana in May. Gosh, you have some unusual plants, Chrissie.
I wonder if any other members grow those?

Glad I reviewed that plant! I had it in the Master database as Trochodendrum. Just fixed it, so OK for next issue folk!

I note that you grew Thermopsis caroliniana from seed. Its listed in Chilterns Seeds catalog folk !!!

June:
Love those new clematis!I think if I had a choice of only one, I'd pick Crystal Fountain. Its just gorgeous!
I like that Senna didymobotrya  and for foliage Diphylleia cymosa looks real good.

Going back to March, those black Hellebore orientalis are really nice. Where/how did you sow the seeds? Outdoors?
I have no luck in growing Hellebores. I lie - my Hellebore corsicus self seeds in abundance. But, my H.niger and H.orientalis are real prudes.

Then I had a look at "About me" and saw your photo. Its nice to put a face to an email!
The last photo on that page showed you on one of your plant hunting trips, I recall?

Great photos Chrissie. Keep up the good work!

Edited to say - Hi IGC Members - take a minute to post a message on Chrissies guestbook. We all need encouragement!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version