Author Topic: A welcoming message to Dawn  (Read 2800 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
A welcoming message to Dawn
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
Hello and welcome Dawn.
I'm delighted that youve decided to join us on the forum. Its exciting to have a Canadian join us here  8)
(Perhaps you can give us some tips on how to deal with a bit of snow on this side of the Atlantic!)

By way of introduction, folk, Dawn downloaded Flower Genie on 6th Feb and bought a licence next day, so she didnt take long to evaluate that piece of software! Ive had some very encouraging feedback, and I can see that Dawn is very enthusiastic about plants and very good with software.

Please say hello, folk, and let Dawn know she is among friendly plant lovers here.

NightHawk

Re: A welcoming message to Dawn
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »
Welcome Dawn.

You're definitely amongst friends here who are always willing to help.

We have some very knowledgeable people and we're sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Feel free to join in whenever you want to.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
A fun place to be. Welcome  Dawn.

Offline dawnsigurdson

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »
Hi Everyone and thanks for the welcoming. We recently bought a property in British Columbia, Zone 5 to 6a that has opened up a wonder world of gardening for me from my current zone 3. I went a little crazy. (OK, you know I went a lot crazy).  Now I'm thinking maybe I should be more organized and that has brought me to Genie. This year I'm working at the shade side, planning a little water fall, little creek to a little pond in a naturalized setting. This spring and summer will prove out how last year's rock garden turned out. It could be a wild array of "glad it grew" plants, since I don't do formal beds very well. So, if I proudly post some pictures of gardens that are clashes of colors, types and sizes - just pat me on the head and appreciate my enthusiasm. I'd like to hear particularly about shade gardening tips and ideas particularly up to zone 5 since I'm still in disbelief about the possibility of being in a 6a. Dawn Sigurdson, Alberta/British Columbia Canada

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »
hello and welcome Dawn, i am sure you will get plenty of help here, not physical but in writing anyway  ;D

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »
How about we post a few photos of our favoutite shade loving plants for Dawn?
Or, alternatively links to suitable plants on our web sites?
Zone 6a requires our hardiest plants.

Tell us what extremes of temperatures you go through over the seasons dawn, to give us some idea what your conditions are like.
I know you are colder in Winter, but probably much hotter in Summer compared to the UK.

Dawn has now upgraded to IG Pro, and I suspect we will see her gardens on line very soon. This girl works through software real quick!
Theres your first pat on the head Dawn  :)