Author Topic: problem with registering  (Read 2442 times)

Offline diegartenfrau

• The Musings Of A Transplanted Gardener
problem with registering
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
Greetings to all, and a belated Merry christmas and Happy New year

George, I need help. Again. You knew that though, right?  ;D

now it is Winter time, I am done with Christmas baking, cooking, kids are back in school. Life is quiet and I have time to work with my garden program. Something I don't get to do much during summer.

I don't know why that is, but each winter, when I finally can play with it. I encounter a problem, so I don't get to play with it.
Bummer! ::)

So that's what is going on.

I was running out of hard drive space. So my hubby installed a new hard drive, with lot's of space to fill. He did this new thing, where he didn't have to reinstall everything, the old hard drive is still somewhere in that computer (I don't know how they all fit in there? >lol<
I did my backups, although with this new procedure it wasn't needed, they told me (this new procedure is coming from my oldest son, who at this time works in a computer shop fixing computers)
I can see all my programs in the new hard drive, most of them work, but some of them, won't work. All of the ones which don't work are the ones I need to register to one computer. Some of them just let me re register them and now they work.
Unfortunately one of them not working is my fave program I want to play with the 'IG pro'. It opens up, and wants me to register. But when I try to do it, tells me it is already registered on another computer, which I guess is the other hard drive.
So what do I do now?

Do I need to go back to the old drive and then un-register before I can register again? Or is there some runaround for it?
I would prefer a runaround, I could runaround by myself, but if I have to wait for my husband to open this computer again, I'll be waiting a long time. >lol< Since he got back to work from the holidays he been nothing as working all over town and Oregon.

I hope you know a easy solution for me George. So I can play with your wonderful program.

In the meantime I guess I will clean up my messy office (which needs it, but that sounds like too much working to me), or play with my cockatiels. I just got a new one and need to get friendly with the new girl.

Maybe I also will hang out on the forum a little while, sounds better then cleaning my office for sure  ;)

ciao

Isabell

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: problem with registering
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
Hi Isabell

And a Happy New Year to you!

Its really good to see you back on the forum again. I hope you will find time to visit regularly.

Ive reset your licence, so you can now register again on your new computer.
Ive also sent you an email with a reminder of your licence number.

Installing IG Pro on your new computer
Ive done a check and find you upgraded to version 5 about this time last year.
Please use that latest CD I sent (Version 5)
Install from the CD.
That is very important.
You need to do that as the program goes though a lot of complex things which are not done when you copy from a backup.

Reading your message, it seems you have managed to get IG Pro running on your new computer.
If youve installed using the CD, then continue with the steps below.
If you didnt, then I would advise you to delete and start again, using the CD.

Your Data files:
Once you have installed from the CD, then you are ready to restore your backups.
That will let you see your own data.
Restore as normal using System>Restore Files GA203

The programs (executables)
Since installing from the CD sends you back in time to early 2008, download the latest programs from the product support website.
http://www.ideasgenie.com/updates-igprox/

Please send me an email if you have problems and we can take it from there.

Offline diegartenfrau

• The Musings Of A Transplanted Gardener
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
Hi George

Many, many thanks again

I re-registered and I did not even needed to restore my back up. It is all there.
I will tomorrow download the improvements you made. I have not done that for a while so there are a few goodies on your download site for me.

good night
Isabell

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »
Thats good news that you are up and running with your own data, Isabell.

Hope you like the updates (too many to detail here). If you havent updated for a while you'll see the changes I made to linking plants to photos. I like to think GA030 is fun to use!
Ive changed the Search features on the programs as well, in particular GA004 (thats the program I use most)
The Reviews program (GA032) has been through quite a number of changes thanks to the members of this forum putting it to good use to create their web sites using the Web Page Generator feature to create their websites. Catch up here:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net
and this one by Eric (palustris):
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/
I'll add that to the menu over the weekend.
If you feel inclined, you can have a go at the WPG. It would be nice to see Oregon represented in that list of websites!