Author Topic: Welcome to Maggie  (Read 2707 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Welcome to Maggie
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
Hello and welcome Maggie. I'm delighted you have joined our forum. Its a great place to talk about our beloved hobby (gardening of course) and to keep up to date on "Whats New".

By way of introduction, Maggie has been using Ideas Genie since March 2003 and upgraded to IG pro in January this year.
It was very encouraging to read your early comments, Maggie,and with your permission, I added them to the user comments here:
http://www.ideasgenie.co.uk/user_comments.html

How did you manage with that new digital camera you mentioned way back 5 years ago Maggie?
You may be interested to learn that we have a section on the forum about Photography (Lauries is the expert)

Don't hesitate to join in anywhere Maggie. You are among friends, so please make yourself right at home when you login here.

NightHawk

Re: Welcome to Maggie
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
I would like to extend George's welcome to you Maggie.

You will indeed have a great time here.  We have a wealth of experienced and knowledgeable people, covering all aspects of gardening and on a variety of other subjects that go hand-in-hand with our gardening; e.g. photography and computers.

Please don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how simple or silly you think they may be.  You won't be criticised or made to feel bad as we're all in this for the same reasons - fun, enjoyment and furthering our gardening experiences.

Have a great time.

Kathy & Laurie.

Offline Maggie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome messages
I am a bit shy as I have never wriiten to any forum before and don`t know what I`m doing
The camera has been good and I have enjoyed usiing it
I am keeping this short as I am not certain you will even receive it
Thanks again
Maggie

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
Well done Maggie, your posting has come through no problem.  ;D

There's really no need to feel shy on here.  You won't be criticised for any mistakes, and we'll help you out if you do get stuck with anything.  Chip in any time you feel like it, whether it's to ask a question or reply to someone else's posting.  The more you post the quicker you'll get to know people and make new friends.

I'm glad to hear you're having great success with your digital camera.  Once you get more confident on the Forum it would be great to see some photos of your garden/s.  We'll tell you how to do that when the time comes.

In the meantime, it would be great to hear about your gardens.  What plants you've got, your favourites and your failures, any special plans to alter it in any way - stuff like that.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Laurie.

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Theres absolutely no need to be shy, Maggie. I'm very pleased to see you here on the forum. I hope you can find time to look in and become a regular.
Believe me, there are a lot of advantages for us all if you do.
Now youve seen how easy it is to do a posting, just browse around and join in anywhere you find something interesting.
Also, please feel free to start a new topic with your own question etc etc.