Author Topic: Welcome to Peter - The creator of "Our Garden of Dreams"  (Read 4270 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Welcome to Peter - The creator of "Our Garden of Dreams"
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
I'm delighted to welcome Peter to the forum. We've exchanged emails since way back in 2002 (perhaps before that)
We arranged to meet up at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show, Seattle, WA in 2003.
Heres a photo of our meeting at the Ideas Genie booth at the show:
http://www.ideasgenie.co.uk/boothphotos-4.html
Have a read over the text in that page and you'll see I had the pleasure of accepting the invitation from Peter and Carol to visit their home, and "Our Garden of Dreams". What a pleasure! One of my many pleasant memories  :)

To when your appetite, heres a link to Peters "Garden of Dreams" website.
http://www.scn.org/earth/garden/
Enjoy!

Thank you for joining us Peter. I hope you will enjoy the forum and I guarantee you will make many new friends who share your passion for gardening.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:59:26 PM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

Re: Welcome to Peter - The creator of "The Garden of Dreams"
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
Welcome Peter, it's so nice to see new members joining us.  ;D

You have a fabulous garden, truly a labour of love, and a stunning result of your dreams coming true.

We hope you enjoy your experience here and get to meet many new friends.

Kathy & Laurie.

Offline peter1925

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:16:19 AM »
Thank you Kathy & Laurie,
I'm delighted to be here. It will take me some time to find my way around but Rome was not built in one day. There isn't much
going on outside in the garden except weeds don't seem to mind the cold weather and keep on growing just as happy as ever.
There is still a lot of fall cleaning to do and I shouldn't forget to plant some tulips to see them blooming next spring.
Happy gardening,... Peter

Visit: Our Garden of Dreams: www.scn.org/earth/garden/page53.htm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
Good to see you are finding your way around the forum Peter. I hope you stick with it!

Isnt it amazing how the weeds keep going over winter! Grass in the flower borders is my biggest problem - it can choke the many small demure plants we gardeners seem to favour.
The Dandylions regenerate over winter, and of course can give us a few cheery blooms and drop off loads of seed during those bleak months when we are resting.

Did you get to the Northwest Flower & garden show this year?

Offline bossgard

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »
Peter:

May I too, welcome you to the Ideas Genie Community. I guess I could be a considered a next-door neighbor of yours, since I?m in Southeast King County. I have looked at your website before; it and the Garden(s) are beautifully done.

I?ve been with the Genie Community for about a year, learning a lot, and enjoy Ideas Genie Pro 5 very much. George is wonderful to work with.

Have not done the Seattle Garden Show, maybe someday. My hiking buddy and I enjoy taking in the gardens in this area that are open to the public. One of our favorites is Kubota Gardens; it?s so peaceful and quiet. We?ve done the Washington State Arboretum, the Arboretum at Lake Wilderness, Point Defiance Park, hope to do the Tulip Festival next year, also to take in the Rhododendrons at Weyerhaeuser.  As you well know, we are tremendously blessed with Mother Nature?s wonders here in the Pacific Northwest.

- Toby

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »
Welcome Peter,
The garden of dreams was delightful. but just have to tell this story.  i clicked on a link on the garden of dreams, went to a site that looked interesting I thought, Gothic fashions, clicked on another about Gothic gardens and before i new it I was on a fetishist sex site, no holes barred ( if you follow me)  Yipes !  Well that was a scary, I think i will make a hot chocolate and calm my nerves.   Don't go there.

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »
That is most unfortunate Lynda, and it's sad that you had that experience.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It just goes to highlight how easily we can get duped into ending up at these places on the Internet.

I have carried this security concern onto another area of the Forum, so as not to cloud this topic.
Please check this out here - http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,623.msg4262/topicseen.html#msg4262

Laurie.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:25:24 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline peter1925

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
It helps if you change title to "Our Garden of Dreams" rather than "The Garden of Dreams" because there are other Gardens of Dreams and Search Engines know the difference if you have complete name.

I have a Clematis in the garden and I would like to include a photo in the message but I need help how to do it.

Is there a way to scroll to get to the file??????   ??????????

Thanks to Ideasguy for doing such terrific job.

Peter

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Welcome to Peter - The creator of "Our Garden of Dreams"
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
Apoiogies, Peter - Ive made that correction. I'm loooking forward to seeing your photo.

If its a disc file which you want to upload here, then do this:
When you are doing a posting, click Additional Options then click Browse
Select your image and it will appear in the Attach field.
Then click Post
Files are limited to 125kb.

If its a file on your server, you can post the link.

You can also click the Image icon (2nd from left above) above the Smileys
See how you get on with that.

Weve some great people on the forum Peter and I certainly include you in that! It makes the forum a great place to visit.

Offline peter1925

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
Thanks George,
Here is my Clematis and I wonder if anybody could tell me the cultivar. It does not bloom very often, this year I have not seen any blooms. Now let me see if I can manage the photo and thanks for the help.

Somehow I always get: Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
Thanks for persevering Peter. The photo looks real good.

A tip.
When you login in, click the check box and opt to say logged in forever.
That timeout is a real pain and catches a lot of people out. Worse still, its more likely to happen when you have typed up a lone well thought out message of course.

Malcolm has a large range of Clematis and may be able to help with the ID, as may Tom, Paul (NewPlantsGuy) and others.
Thanks for posting - its great to have you here.