Author Topic: Hello and welcome to Mavis  (Read 2656 times)

NightHawk

Hello and welcome to Mavis
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:06:35 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new member Mavis to the Forum.

You'll find a very helpful and friendly atmosphere here, where everyone is willing to help you with any questions.

Please just post any messages or questions you may have whenever you want to, no matter how trivial you think they may be.

The more member involvement we get on the Forum the better it is for all of us.

Have a great time here.

Kathy & Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Hello and welcome to Mavis
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:05:32 PM »
Id like to extend Lauries welcome and thank you for join us us on the forum, Mavis.

Ive exchanged a few private emails with Mavis today, and she is now up and running with Bank Genie. That piece of software is the most popular item in my product range at present.

Hope you will look in when you have time Mavis. Look up the Bank Genie board for some tips and whats new.
And of course, please have a walk through our virtual gardens - theres loads of links on this forum.

Offline Mavis

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »
Thankyou, Laurie and George, for your kind welcome.  I have been delighted with the level and speed of support for my BankGenie and am very pleased to find that even I - a P.C. user rather than an expert - can set it up and run it without too many glitches!  I am still struggling rather more with Vista than I am with Bank Genie - perhaps Microsoft has a lesson to learn here??!!
Anyway, I love browsing your site even though I do not have a big garden but its a very interesting mix of gardens and money management - and your ongoing commitment to improvements and change is exceptional.  Thankyou all and I look forward to a long a pleasant relationship with all of you and the other members of your forum. 

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
Glad to see you posting Mavis, as it's always great to have any new members 'diving in' early.  :)

When Kathy and I joined the Forum we were astounded at the friendliness we received, initially from George, then many other members of the Forum.

I couldn't believe that George was so approachable.  My experiences in the past with companies I'd purchased software from is an occasional email if you run into any difficulty using it, and wait for days (and sometimes longer) before you got a reply.

As you say, you've discovered already how expeditiously George responds to his new customers (and existing ones as well, of course  ;) ).  I think his approach is pretty unique in this respect.

There is a wide range of expertise in our Forum members, from novice to professional gardeners, who are willing to help in whatever way they can.  Not just in the gardening aspect either.  Photography and computer skills play their part here as well, albeit in a supporting role to the main theme of the Forum.

Don't be put off by your small garden Mavis.  Our philosophy here is not the size of the garden you have, but what you put in it.  George also has another saying that goes "It's not what you grow, its the way that you grow it."

So, if you get inspired to give your garden a make-over, then you've definitely arrived at the right place.  You'll still continue to get great support for your Bank Genie as well.  Good luck with that.

We hope you will become a regular visitor here, and look forward to talking with you again.

Laurie

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:38:13 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »
Thank you for that, Laurie ( :-[)

The forum does make my job a lot easier, I have to say, and I get really frustrated at the fact that the vast majority of customers dont register and join us here,especially after an initial exchange of emails to get those who communicate up and running.
Theres a saying "Your best customer is the one who doesn't open the box". I dont see it that way. I follow the progress of new customers until they register.

Heres a special "pat on the back" for Mavis
Of our 105 members, I think you are the first to cross the wide divide between Bank Genie and Gardening. Now I'm REALLY pleased at that. It seems to be a VERY wide gulf!! Going the other way is a no-no. Perhaps gardeners dont want to focus too much on how much they spend on their Gardens  ;D.
I know it would scare the wits out of me!

You are very welcome Mavis, and I'm sure you will find inspiration and no shortage of encouragement to go gardening!
Oh, and enjoy Bank Genie, of course!