Author Topic: Simons wedding  (Read 2423 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Simons wedding
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:27:44 AM »
Its a big day in the Kelly family today. My second son, Simon is getting married to Keelin at 1:30 pm.

As you know, I prefer bright but overcast conditions for my garden photos, and so far, the weather is exactly like that. Its quite warm, so if it stays like this all will be fine.

I'll be offline until tomorrow afternoon, and hope to be able to post a few photos of the big event.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:50:01 AM by ideasguy »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:09:36 PM by ideasguy »

Offline The Gardener

• Plantaholic
    • «« A FLOWER ARRANGER'S GARDEN - FLOWER ARRANGING AND GARDENING »»
Re: Simons wedding
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
Super photos George!  Everyone looks happy - I'm glad you all had a lovely day!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »
Thanks Chrissie. The photos were taken mostly by my brother with his super duper camera. We took a few with him (gent in red tie) in the frame using his camera (e.g. IMG-5771) - you know what its like, the photographer rarely gets to be seen, or appreciated.

I took a few photos, mostly next morning with my more humble little camera, but picking out a few items of interest for the gardener.
Ive just added them to the original posting above, to keep them together.

Today it was back to work!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:21:45 PM by ideasguy »

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
Congratulations! We like costume dramas here too  ;D
Nice culmination moments after all the preparations during the previous months.
Give the young couple all my best wishes George when they are back.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:26:13 PM by greenfinger »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
Thanks for the kind wishes, André.
Yes, it was unusual to get fitted out in the drama suits (well put!)
Hey, I got loads-a-dancin' later! Ol' twinkle toes, the oldest swinger and all that...
The music was fantastic.

Ive just had an email from Simon and Keelin. They have arrived safely in Vancouver. My wifes brother and his wife drove down from Kamloops to meet them at the airport, and drove them to the hotel, and stayed over. The happy couple are setting off tomorrow for Vancouver Island for a week. They plan to visit their Auntie and Uncle for a couple of days, and to visit their Canadian cousins who live in Calgary. Oh! and a trip to the Rockies.

Another story:
Simon's the lad who played in the rock band, and he wrote a special song for the wedding, and sang it to his wife later in the evening reception!
I have to say, its a really nice song. It will be on CD or better still on-line someday, so all will be able to hear it.

Offline 3fren

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
What a handsome couple!  and best of all, seeing all the happy faces !

Wedding and babies always make me emotional - tears of joy and happiness and family togetherness.

Congratulations.  My warmest regards and best wishes to Simon and Keelin.

The lady in crystall blue must be Mary E ?  Glad to see her so fit.. pls say hello to her.

I 've just got back from travelling - bit of work in North China..

Early August was in Manchester/London for Lynn's graduation. Only had time to touch the gate
of KEW garden and immediately had to catch the train back to airport.

I promise myself next time I will book an Edwardian apartment near the Garden and  spend the
vacation at KEW !

Cheers
jessie

Cheers

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »
You have such a lovely way of expressing yourself Jessie- theres always genuine warmth in your emails and its a pleasure to hear from you again. Thank you once again for your comments.

Ive passed on your "Hello" to Mary E  (Mrs ideasguy) :)
I'm impressed you remember our email correspondence many months ago when Mary E was recovering from surgery.
One could never guess she had two hip replacement ops last year. She is walking great now, with no pain, and as you can see, she really enjoyed the occasion (as we all did of course!).
Perhaps it was the Ginseng tea?  ;)

In IMG_5793,thats me on the left and Mary E on the right.
In IMG_5764, (I call it "The Hats"  :)) Left to Right is my sister Marjorie, my sister-in-law Sylvia, my sister Vera and Mary E.

Congratulations to Lynn, Jessie. I'm sure you were a very proud Mum at that ceremony. Any photos? It would be lovely to see them.

Is Lynn staying on in Manchester? My daughter lives and works there now, as she finishes her Masters degree at Uni.

Ive promised myself a visit to Kew as well, Jessie. It must have been hard to drag yourself away from those gates  :(
Perhaps next year? From what I hear,a keen gardener could spend an entire vacation at Kew - its incredible!
We have a family friend who visits Kew regularly, and Ive heard enough to decide that I must visit that heaven on earth place soon.