Author Topic: Congratulations Tina - another world first  (Read 3677 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Congratulations Tina - another world first
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
Hot on the heels of André's IG Pro generated web page project, we have another delight from Tina in WA, USA - the first in the world from the USA.

Its an absolute delight! Welcome to Tinas gorgeous garden:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/Tinas-Garden/Circle-garden/

I love the introduction, and the personal review of each plant in the set.

Here in Erins green isle, its time for celebrations  ;)  Thanks Tina and André. Youve made this a very special week for me.
Ive been like mother hen on eggs. Its nice to experience the euphoria when they hatch.

Edited to add a temporary link to the photo which Tina has planned to use in the Introduction Page.
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/tina-wilson/CircleGarden3.jpg
Due to technical difficulties, its not being displayed.
Isnt it beautiful!!!

Footnote: The Web Generation Feature is a new addition to the Reviews program GA032 in IG Pro.
Now you know what that strange program was for! Its only one of many applications of that particlar program.

How about a first from every country? How about a first from a Bonsai Genie user?
If you've got Ideas Genie Pro or Bonsai Genie and would like to have a go (or would like more information), please send me an email.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:32:26 PM by ideasguy »

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: Congratulations Tina - another world first
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »
Tina, do you know Pam Lewis? Her work reminds me of your garden story. Her round garden was extensively described in "The Garden" of June 2005 under the title "Wild, but with style" (mind you: it's about the garden, not Pam). She wrote a book "Sticky Wicket" with pictures by the master photographer Andrew Lawson. Here too a chapter is about that round garden.
Edited in London, Frances Lincoln Ltd, 2005, 207 pages.
Success with the never ending garden story!

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »
Ive added a new link (temporary) in the initial posting of this thread, to show the photo Tina plans to use in the Introduction to the web pages. Its breathtaking!

Offline 3fren

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:55:11 AM »
Congratulations Tina and  George (of course George for putting the effort on web)

We learn everyday... read somewhere : "a person with passion is like a beautiful flower "

I am currently researching into planting Jatropha Curcas...the next generation of oil - biofuel..

Bought some seeds from India and Philippines and tried planting in pots .

Am monitoring the growth and doing recording..like a new born baby.

a webpage with pictures  and sketches , sharing my experience would be interesting.

A herbalist had given me some bulbs known for slimming, am monitoring the growth too.

would be good to post on the web and just add on new specie whenever I can.  Pls let me know how to go about it. ;D

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 12:02:36 PM »
Thank you for your kind comments, Jessie. I'm very proud of Andre and Tina.   8)
Tina emailed to say she is away for what promises to be a very happy family weekend, and she made a few tweaks to get the web page project looking good before turning off the computer. 

I'd like to encourage other IG Pro and Bonsai Genie members to have a go.  In one of the help items I state "Its not rocket science".
No knowledge of HTML is required. If you can use IG Pro, you can do it!!

RE:
Lets adopt your quote, and refer to them as "beautiful flowers"
I really like that!
In that case, the web project is certainly a project for "beautiful flowers". , in more ways than one.
"Beautiful flowers" BY Beautiful flowers"  :)

I am currently researching into planting Jatropha Curcas...the next generation of oil - biofuel..
Bought some seeds from India and Philippines and tried planting in pots .
Am monitoring the growth and doing recording..like a new born baby.
Now that is interesting! Is this for your work with the Singapore Botanical Garden, or personal research?

A herbalist had given me some bulbs known for slimming, am monitoring the growth too. Would be good to post on the web and just add on new specie whenever I can.  Pls let me know how to go about it. /quote]
I'll send you an email later today Jessie, and I'll explain how to do that with the new Web Generation Feature.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:05:02 PM by ideasguy »

Offline TinaW

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »
I'm not familiar with Pam Lewis. I work at a small plant nursery and my employeer had a great circle garden with a Bonica rose in the middle surrounded by Mexican Feather Grass (Nassella tenuissima). Beautiful. The circle path around her center island is gravel instead of grass. The garden looks much different than mine but the general shape gave me inspriation to make one of my own. My circle garden is still quite new so it's not filled in like my vision yet but will get there in a couple of years.   

Offline 3fren

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »
Sorry to have missed your posting, George...

For the Jathropa curcas.. it is a rage in the biofuel...
so my husband is trying to farm it in a little patch in
Malaysia and trying to get investors involved.

This will partially replace fossilized fuel which is emitted
carbon, which the Green Movement is all about .. to curb or stop it..

If successful, then we will try plantation in either
Kalimantan or Vietnam... it is still too early to say...

cheers  :)