Author Topic: Congratulations André - a world first  (Read 3594 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Congratulations André - a world first
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »
André has been working with me very closely while he used the new Web Generation Feature (WGF) to build his first web site.  8)
The WGF is a new feature added recently to the Reviews program GA032 in Ideas Genie Pro, and Bonsai Genie.
There were a few teething problems, so he kept me on my toes to make the fixes.

Its located on our Dutch website, and you can see the current status of his work here:
http://www.softwarevoortuiniers.com/andredegeest/camellias/

Its a work in progress, hurried through all the steps to get the entire process proved.
Keep revisiting for updates  :)

I'm absolutley delighted to reach this very important landmark in the IG development program.
So, for the record book, the first web site produced by an Ideas Genie Pro user went "live" yesterday 22nd May 07
Congratulations André  ;)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:57:17 PM by ideasguy »

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: Congratulations André - a world first
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:38 PM »
Thank you, thank you, you are too kind. By this occasion I want to thank my grandparents, my parents, brothers and sisters, because without them I still had worked in the farm between the pigs. The Award statue will be kept in my best show-case, I promise.

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
Its good to see your sense of hunour has survived the experience  ;D :)
I told you it was easy !! And to think we saved you from such a fate.

Tina is hot on yoiur heels- she is having a little techy problem with smartFTP, but Ive sent over a couple of tips, so here I am with fingers crossed again. Those finger tips are getting very little blood circulation lately!

Anyway - time for the footie - c'mon the 'Pool  :)

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 09:57:57 PM »
I didn't know what I felt on my heels today, but it is a reassuring idea it was Tina.
About the FTP: I had problems with smartFTP too (transfert failings) and at last downloaded the program WS_FTP Home. Within a few minutes my folder was uploaded in a most easy way. It is very reliable and has a prima interface to work in. Recommandable.

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »
Thats good to know. I'll relate that info to Tina.

Now we need more volunteers!

Offline GardenChick

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »
Great job George!  Godd to hear things are still moving and progressing with IG.  Hope all is well on your side of the pond.  My garden is out of control, plants are lined up in the driveway waiting for a fruitful spot and I am sure there are some that will need to come home with me yet, lol.  My garden is suffering at the hands of my first 1/2 marathon this weekend, but I am hopeful that my training will slow for a couple of weeks and I will catch up. 

Hope things are well for you and that the family is still doing great!

GC