Author Topic: Hello from Palustris  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Palustris

Hello from Palustris
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
Hi. We garden in the North west of the Midlands. The garden is just under an acre. 12 years ago it was a field. We grow most of our veg and fruit. The garden is stuffed full of shrubs and perennials and bulbs. I am especially interested in alpines.

Offline Kew

• Kengar Sticks and Twigs
Re: Hello from Palustris
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »
Hi Eric and welcome aboard. The site isn't quite as busy yet as one particular one we both visit but it is growing. 90% of topics here are directly plant/garden related which many growers are happier with.
Looking forward to your input, I know you have lots to offer.
Ken.

I'm adding this after reading your post below George, so I don't stomp on your bit, but I couldn't help having another dig at you for not turning your dug-up blackthorne into the worlds best walking sticks... :-\

Ken.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:00:39 PM by Kew »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »
Hello Palustris, and welcome to our forum!

I can imagine you dont have a lot of spare time with a garden of those proportions.
I have 2/3 acre. The back of the house was a lovely flat expanse of grass when I inherited it from my dad - an open "full-sun" plot.
In the first year I cut out lovely beds and grew plants from seed - and lots of veg and "spuds" with great effect and results.
A friend suggested I should plant lots of shrubs and trees. I regretted taking that advice.
Now, I (like you) have taken a keen interest in Alpines, and would dearly like my plot cleared of those shrubs and trees. Every year, a fwe more are cleared.
The old saying Plant in haste, regret at leisure isn't quite applicable!

What are your favourite plants at present, and what are you planning to grow?

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »
So, George, the removing of that blackthorne wasn't as innocent as you made us believe! :o

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »
Hi Eric and welcome aboard. The site isn't quite as busy yet as one particular one we both visit but it is growing. 90% of topics here are directly plant/garden related which many growers are happier with.
Looking forward to your input, I know you have lots to offer.
Ken.

I'm adding this after reading your post below George, so I don't stomp on your bit, but I couldn't help having another dig at you for not turning your dug-up blackthorne into the worlds best walking sticks... :-\

Ken.
Welcome, dear Palustris,  on this most leisurely going garden forum you can imagine, but as the great Wizz already mentioned: "Plant in haste, regret in leisure".
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:46:46 PM by greenfinger »