Ideas Genie Pro > General discussion

Problem with Folder view

(1/3) > >>

Palustris:
The options for the way pictures are displayed for Adding are either Alphabetical or by Page. My problem is that on the project I am working on now, the Add More feature brings up the photos in the following order. "1, 10, 100" and so on instead of "1, 2,3 etc. It means that the only way I can put them in is by using the Add feature which is rather time consuming.
Can you think of a way of renaming the images in my folder so that they appear in the correct order for Adding?

ideasguy:
I cant think of any other way to display the photos Eric.
The program extracts a list of images in the selected folder and presents them alphabetically.
As you know, at that stage they are not linked and "unknown" to the database.

Other options I could provide wouldn't be useful - e.g. file size, date.

You really do not need to rename your images. The software will provide a more accurate listing of the folder contents if the file names are as assigned by the camera - i.e. in sequential order.

If you do prefer to rename them, heres a suggestion:
Alphabetically, 1, 10 and 100 come before 2 and 20
Instead of naming them 1, 2 ,3, name them:
001, 002, 003 e.g. through 010 and up to 100 (assuming your folder has less than 999 images).
If more that 999, then they need to be:
0001, 0002 etc
They will then align properly in the program.
Does that help?

Palustris:
That would involve renaming each picture individually as the Renaming procedure does not allow a 00 suffix Just as easy to put AA,and BB etc in front of each name.
Will have another think.

ideasguy:
If you have lots of them (and I suspect you do!!) then sorry about that Eric.
What is the significance of the 1,2,3, renaming?

Ive renamed a file here as a test using File Explorer (same as in Computer file listing)
It allowed me to begin with 00 prefix (didn't try a suffix).
What renaming procedure do you have?

Palustris:
Never heard of File Explorer. I use Windows own Renaming facility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version