Author Topic: THANK YOU GEORGE  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
THANK YOU GEORGE
« on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:19 AM »
I developed some very strange problems on BG4 and was getting lots of error messages. George and I exchanged numerous emails including many screen shots but we weren't getting very far. I was running a very old version so George sent me links to bring it fully up to date but that didn't solve the problem. Then, out of the blue, George telephoned me. Unfortunately I am very deaf so it turned into a three person process with Anthea on the phone relaying George's instructions to me. Then George had the brilliant idea of us continuing on Face Time with us both using our iPads. It was very nice to meet George face to face, albeit electronically.  This helped a lot because I can lip read. BG4 is now fully updated and working perfectly, so THANK YOU GEORGE for being prepared to spend so much time solving my problem. I know of no other software programme where you get such personal service.

Eric H

PS There is nothing wrong with BG4. I think I caused the fault by accidentally disconnecting the external hard drive where my data was kept at an inappropriate moment.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:18:31 PM by Eric Hardy »

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: THANK YOU GEORGE
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
This is brilliant :)  If only I was so technologically capable, I might even invest in an iPad if I thought I could actually use it!  I can't say I've heard about face time.  We met up briefly with some American friends at the weekend who were over here on tour with their band and they said to ring them for a chat some time.  I guess this is what they were thinking of, or Skype, which is another  miracle we have yet to investigate. 

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
It was very nice to have the pleasure of speaking to both you and Anthea, Eric!
She was a very efficient "translator" during the telephone part of our session.
I was quite impressed how much easier it was for you to hear when we switched to iPad.
Our linkup last night was the first time Ive used it for business purposes (but that was also a consideration when purchasing).

That was a birthday present to Mary. Facetime was a very big factor when making the decision, as our "children" all have iPhones and have impressed us when they come to visit us by Facetime-ing other family members.
Tara is currently on a motorhome holiday driving through France and then into Spain. We have connected at various times when she finds a Wifi hotspot and reception is amazing.

Very easy to use Trish :) Facetime and Skype are both free to use and both allow visual conversations worldwide.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
Face Time was a very big factor when making the decision, as our "children" all have iPhones and have impressed us when they come to visit us by Facetime-ing other family members.
Tara is currently on a motorhome holiday driving through France and then into Spain. We have connected at various times when she finds a Wifi hotspot and reception is amazing.
That was a big consideration for us too' George. Middle son Mark has been in Canada since 1979 and we Face Time each other at least twice a week. He is also abroad a lot and we have had conversations with him from various parts of the globe. He even shows us the views out of the windows of where he is staying. He and Rosie moved not so long ago from Galgary to Montreal and we have had conducted tours of their new home and shown the views from their windows too.
Tom always Face Times us from Belfast whenever he is there playing with the Ulster Orchestra. Our eldest, Adam, is an old stick in the mud and hasn't got round to an iPad yet .
BTW I am typing this from my iPad, much to be recommended, Trish  ;)

Eric H