Ideas Genie > General discussion

No Dig/ Organic

(1/2) > >>

no ideas man:
Hi Fellow Members
                           some time ago I posted my intention to go organic and to try the no dig method of gardening, well it's working quite well at the moment and believe it or not I decided to try my hand growing veg, at the present time the wife and I are eating our way through the 3rd row of lettuce spring onions and radish there is a row of dwarf french beans winter cabbage and something called oriental leaves and rocket I never realised how tasty home grown produce is, at the present time i am preparing ground to extend the veg patch

happy gardening

harry (no ideas man)

ideasguy:
Its good to see gardeners doing what gardeners USED to do - growing vegetables!
The good thing is, you know whats been done to them in the growing process - care and attention, no nasty sprays.

Did you actually grow the veg on the no-dig plot?

Happy eating!

no ideas man:
Hi George
              I did grow them on the no dig raised bed I have and I must say the lettuce radish and chinese cabbage were really tasty the problem is I started growing the veg to late in the season, can't wait for next season I have 3 varieties of spring cabbage and a winter lettuce planted out, at the present time I am making a new border organically to be able to grow a bigger range of veg.

Happy gardening

Harry

ideasguy:
Do you have any problem with couch grass in the no-dig bed Harry, or any other type of perennial weed? 

no ideas man:
Hi George
              No problems so far but I need to be vigilant as the lawn as quite a lot of couch in it's make up, in the flower bed the odd piece comes up but is easily dealt with do you have a problem.

Happy gardening

Harry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version