Author Topic: Happy Easter everyone - 2013  (Read 2942 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Happy Easter everyone - 2013
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
If you are located in the UK, its going to be a cold one!
I'm sure you wont let that spoil the festivities :D

Tara (our DD) is home from Manchester for Easter and Julian (our son) invited her to see "his" new school - St Marys Primary School in Newcastle, Co Down, so we all set off about 11:30 am.
He was involved in the new school building project after being appointed VP - a great experience.   
Mary and I  had been there for a visit last "summer" as it neared completion.
Newcastle is a seaside resort.
Yesterday? I have never been so cold in my life! The wind coming from the sea and from the snow covered Mountains of Mourne (that's Easter 2013 folk!) combined to rule out sunbathing!
Nevertheless, we had a lovely family day out, had lunch and quite unexpectedly met some friends (in the comfort of Maud's ice cream parlour!!).
Traditionally, we have a BIG family day out every Easter Monday (my two sisters, my brother and the ever increasing family circle :D)
It is also traditionally cold  ::) in fact some years it is bitterly cold, so we already know what to expect ;D

Make the most of it - Happy Easter everyone!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:26:39 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Palustris

Re: Happy Easter everyone - 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »
And you and yours.
We are planning to go to The Dorothy Clive Garden again, there is a Plant Hunters Fair (as when we met George and family) they say the snow has cleared there so  it is going ahead. Otherwise we shall do the same as we have always done at Easter and ignore it.

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: Happy Easter everyone - 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
Happy Easter from me too!  Better late than never :D

Not been online much recently, still battling this awful lurgy which has descended upon me :(  Still... the sun shone today (although the pills I'm on now require me to avoid sunlight on my skin!) so I've been out pottering about planting a few seeds and moving baby plants about.  Looking forward to getting a bit more done tomorrow, the main greenhouse needs a lot of dead tops and stuff removing before work can progress further in there.