Garden Design > Ideas for Gardens

Garden Seat Project

<< < (3/3)

ideasguy:
Thanks Laurie and Malcolm.
The bench repair will have to wait for a couple of weeks. The weeds have leapt up from nowhere when my back was turned :D

I collect all the stones I dig up Malcolm. I'll bag them up for the next project. Ive been putting it off for years! More about that in another episode ::)

Heres a photo taken looking across the sweep lawn to the new seating area.

And heres a detail shot of the plants I planted in the bucket to the left of the seat:

1) Fuchsia 'Genii' AGM - one of my favourite Fuchias - not just because its a new addition to my Genie stable  :D - its worth growing just for its beautiful golder foliage - this one from a batch of cuttings taken a matter of weeks ago. Its so easy to propagate.
2) Anaphalis triplinervis - common name Pearl everlasting - lovely silver foliage and masses of white pearl like flowers.
3) Begonia semperflorens - with deep purple leaves - I tried growing these from a packet of seed this year. Was quite late sowing the seed. Only managed to get 4 plants, but I'll definitely try them again next year - a bit earlier!)

and the planting plant on the right:

1) Campanula lactiflora 'Pouffe'   (supposed to make 24ins - mine grow to 6ft! - this is a small division taken this year so its only a temporary measure to provide nice foliage and pale blue flowers)
2) Dianthus 'Magic Charm' - my all time favourite Dianthus - pink AND white flowers on the same plant, and flowers for months on end - again, this little plant is a new division this year)
3) A green leaved Begonia semperflorens from the same batch of seed this year (see above)

The stones used for the base are 20mm Golden Flint.
The difference in colour in the two photos?
The second one was taken just after I hosed the stones.

roiphil:
great job and a nice place to sit and relax

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version