Author Topic: Welcome back!  (Read 2776 times)

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Welcome back!
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
The good thing about Christmas is that we get to make contact with old friends again.
I was delighted to receive email replies to our "Happy Christmas" and "Happy New Year" postings here on the forum, from members who haven't been in touch for some time.

As you can imagine, there was much catching up to do. Life has its highs and lows.

It was nice to read the good news.
However, as on our forum this year, it was distressing to read about the loss of a family member or personal injury.
In every case, resilience in the face of adversity, hope and enthusiasm shone through and we all look forward to 2010.

Perhaps some of our friends will drop in and say Hello soon!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:12:13 AM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

Re: Welcome back!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
I echo your sentiments entirely George.

This Forum is not just solely about the software you have created.  It has become a place where our members can participate in many, many ways, discussing unrelated topics and thereby getting to know each other better and forging new friendships.

We have all been through adversity in one form or another, and in my experience of this Forum we have all rallied together to give support and encouragement.

We appreciate that not everyone is comfortable about getting involved with a Forum.  I was like that at one time, but when I first purchased one of George's piece of software he made immediate personal contact.  It was this little gesture that persuaded Kathy and I to participate - and we've never looked back since.

It would be really nice for more of our members to take the plunge and come in, even to just say hello.  It could just be that that first little step may lead to a whole new experience.

That is our hope anyway.  So, give it a try and see what happens.  You won't regret it.  :)

Laurie.