Author Topic: Payment & Registration  (Read 3099 times)

Offline manfred

Payment & Registration
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:25:27 PM »
Hello George, please excuse the tardiness in my reply. I live in Glasgow and have been using your Bank Genie for several months now. It's an excellent programme. Straight forward, simple and relatively easy to use for a logical mind. It does what it says on the tin.

Only two points niggle me.

1 When buying any of your products on line, the Maestro Debit card is not available for use. This excludes all customers who only have that card. It is the debit card used by the Royal Bank of Scotland as well as some other major banks in the UK. It is also the most widely used card in continental Europe. Used independently or backed by Paypal I feel it would increase the chances of furthering sales of your excellent products.

2 I find your registration process very rigid. It does not allow the ease of re installation with out getting another reset at your end. Although I am 'a grumpy old man', I am constantly revamping my computer with new hardware which in many instances requires a complete rebuild of all software. (latest being conversion SattaII and Raid).  Is there not a possibility of registering the programme using the computer ID which then can check itself against your database. Yes I know there is some risk, but it would stop some users reverting back to other finance packages which only need a valid serial number.

I would be interested in other users comments in this forum.

Happy New Year George

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: Payment & Registration
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »
Hello Manfred
And welcome to the forum, in reply to number 1 from my experiences, of paying for any item online, it all depends on the payment gateway as to what cards are accepted (not sure if the website owner can specify what cards visa, maestro etc are to be accepted, payment gateways allow website owners to accept cards), i live in southern ireland and i have a laser card with cirrus maestro enabled aswell, but it is completely useless on UK sites that do not accept laser cards as a payment even though it is maestro enabled, (Laser cards are the same as your bank debit cards) but it is ok on irish sites that do accept laser, i can not even use my laser card even though it is maestro enabled with paypal, even though paypal have offices in dublin i believe, correct me if i am wrong, if i want to use paypal i have to either use credit card or upload funds from my bank of ireland account,

on my own website i only use paypal as a way of accepting payments via a credit, debit card due to the cost of using a payment gateway, paypal works out a lot cheaper for me, i do have roman cart aswell but the free version for sending payment as cheques, postal order, bank tranfer

Number 2 George can answer

Hope my answer helps in some way to your first question, the above are my own general thoughts and experiences

Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
Thanks for your comments, Manfred. Its very encouraging to receive feedback, and even better when it is positive!
Negatives are also welcome. Thats how the software gets better!

I will certainly look into the Maestro card. Ive been too engrossed with the new edition of Bank Genie that all other things have been put on hold. Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

Registering.
The good news is that I redesigned the Registration program recently for all products.
The old registration program was fatally wounded (almost) by Internet Explorer 8 as its security went so far as to disable one of the normal functions of PHP forms in relation to uploading a file. I had to offer one to one support to some new customers to get them registered. Support was a nightmare especially when users were not comfortable with finding files and folders on their own computer.

The new registration program pulls together quite a number of new programming tricks Ive picked up since the first registration program was released, all made possible by enhancements to the software available to developers.
Its a doddle compared to the old.

As for re-registering, I'm afraid the system is set up to ensure that one licence applies to one computer (for obvious reasons)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
George when you look into maestro take a look at laser cards aswell they are used by the main banks in southern ireland, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_(debit_card) could be something that may add to your sales here down south  ;)  ;D, when i purchased igpro i had to use my 3v card which is a prepay visa credit card

Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
It all depends on what my Payment Services Provider (Sage Pay, previously known as Protx) can accept.
Thanks for the link Phil. I'll check this out.