Computers > Questions

Ccleaner

(1/2) > >>

Palustris:
Ok, so I know that these folks want to sell me something, let's get that out of the way. However, I ran a scan on my computer (AVG latest update offers one) and it came up with a whole ruck of errors. Now I regularly delete Cookies, Temp. Web pages, run Disc Cleanup and Defragmentation. I have a full suite of anri virus malware etc. programs which work very well for me.
Now the recommended program for repairing Registry problems is Ccleaner. I know that there are a few left over bits in the Registry from deleted programs etc. BUT before I run the program I would love an idiot's guide to doing it. Only last time I tried I had to do a Restore and go back to before I ran it to get my computer to function properly again. TIA.

ideasguy:
There are a number of programs out there to analyse and clean the registry.
I have asked one of my colleagues for his recommendations. Will come back to you in this Eric.

bossgard:
Erik:

I’m running PC Cleaner, put out by PC Help Soft.
Here’s there link: http://www.pchelpsoft.com/pc-cleaner/

If this is the same one as you are inquiring about, then I use it. I run it myself on startup, so that I know it is and has been running.

My prior service provider was purchased by another. During the transition and after the new provider was installed, I telephoned them to inquire whether I was getting full speed as per my contract.

They assured me that I was, but I complained to the technician I was speaking with, that I was having trouble with a slow boot up. He suggested I purchase PC Cleaner, although his company did not sell the software, and he didn’t either.  He recommended it highly. I bought it direct from PC Help Soft on the strength of that.

It seems to have helped with a quicker boot up, and if you can believe the numbers it publishes, then it is. I also run AVG as security, and their most recent version has the PC Analyzer installed. AVG has it activated, and so I’m using both. A good idea to run both, I don’t know?

Maybe, I can learn something here, too!

- Toby

P.S. I'm not too sure whether I'm the idiot or not!

Palustris:
Should have said a Guide for an Idiot.
So how you you proceed with Ccleaner?

bossgard:
Erick:

This link will get you to Piriform, which is the developer of Ccleaner. I’m assuming that you have downloaded a free version of Ccleaner and are having trouble installing or using it. Also, that you have contacted their help center and can’t get any help from them.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/help

The program I’m using is called PC Cleaner from a different developer and I have had no trouble either installing it, or scanning with it.

Maybe, George can come up with more helpful information for you.

- Toby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version