Plants > Rosa

Rampant rose!

(1/2) > >>

Eric Hardy:
We are very proud of our Kiftsgate  :). It has just reached the very top of the fir tree and using my Boy Scout?s method of measuring shadows I calculate that it is at least 45 feet high now  ::). It has even spread into the old apple tree to the right hand side of the picture. My long armed pruner reaches 15 feet so any bright ideas ? Some people don?t like it?s untidy habit but we like the rose but wonder where it will all end up  ???

I thought about this but we have no rear access  ;D !

Eric H

Lyn and Malcolm:
It's not tall enough to reach anyway Eric

Hope you are not near an airport  ;D

Remembering your boy scout days.....hows about climbing trees. 8)

And we don't have room for it here  ;D

Malcolm

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Lyn and Malcolm on June 25, 2009, 06:50:04 PM ---Remembering your boy scout days.....hows about climbing trees. 8)
--- End quote ---

Mmmmm ?  ???

Incidentally, Malcolm, I think a couple of years ago we probably had a treecreepers nest in or near that tree. We were looking out of our kitchen window and we saw a procession of two adults and three babies walking headfirst down the tree. The tree does have that soft fibrous bark they are supposed to like. I would dearly have loved to have got a photo of them.

That Kiftsgate cost us £1. It was in a sale at the local garden centre so we thought we would give it a try. We didn't know what we were letting ourselves in for, did we?  :o

ideasguy:
That is a fantastic shot Eric. Youve captured it top to bottom, and that is not easy.
What a plant!

trishs:
I've just come across this post and picture and am wondering how things have progressed by now! ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version