Plants > Rosa

In praise of the single rose

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Lyn and Malcolm on May 30, 2009, 11:16:23 PM ---Ours is about 4 years old, and only 5 foot tall at the moment, have been taking pics of the buds and flowers today, a really lovely rose, just hope it don't get too big, otherwise it will have to be out. It is labeled moyesii Geranium
--- End quote ---
According to the bible the R. moseyii "geranium" has a more compact habit so you may be lucky Malcolm. The one we have is just too vigorous for words. Every year we cut large lumps out (a prickly business) and the base is a solid lump of wood almost a foot across.

--- Quote ---The second snap is Cantabrigiensis another lovely rose, about 7 foot tall at the moment
--- End quote ---
Cantabrigiensis is more manageable and is a great favourite of ours.

Eric H

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on May 30, 2009, 11:23:58 PM ---I'd prefer roses with more foliage. I dont like long bare stems.
Any in those singles to fit the bill?
--- End quote ---
I would say all these roses have plenty of foliage and don't suffer from overly long stems

Eric H

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on May 30, 2009, 11:05:34 PM ---A request if I may. If you get a chance to take that 2nd one again in your presentation (Rosa 'Moyesii') when its not basking in the sunshine
--- End quote ---

Here are some more I took at about 7 am this morning George.

This last one I have posted so that you can see the scale of the rose. The little bit of building you can see is the eaves of the roof over the first floor. This variety would certainly not suit Malcolm.

Eric H

NightHawk:
Great photos Eric.

You're obviously a keen rose man.

Laurie.

ideasguy:
Thanks Eric. They are perfect!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version