Author Topic: Linda and Alistar (Spain) on tv  (Read 8747 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Linda and Alistar (Spain) on tv
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »
Lyn just gave me a shout to say that Escape to the Country was on TV 5.15pm  today.

If I had the property they have in Spain, garden as well, I would not want to move back to England. Mind you the second property in Shropshire they saw was a remarkable house, and garden.

But at 2.2 million Euros for the Spanish Property I can't afford it  ::) ::) Unless anyone on here would like to donate  8)

Did anyone else see the programme ??

Malcolm

Edit you can see it on BBC iplayer here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pdbkg/Escape_to_the_Country_Series_10_Shropshire/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:30:20 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Lynda and Alistair (Spain) on TV
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
Gosh :o
Ive now watched the whole show.
Absolutely fascinating!
I'm in agreement. It just has to be that house No 2.
Not that I'm swayed in any way at all by the incredibly beautiful garden  ::)
Time for an update!
Do you know if their offer was accepted, Malcolm? Mind you, they had to sell that paradise in Malaga as part of the deal.
To be continued...

As you may know, Lynda is a member of our humble forum. I wonder if we can persuade Lynda to pay us a visit again?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:22:43 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

Re: Linda and Alistar (Spain) on tv
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

Do you know if their offer was accepted, Malcolm? Mind you, they had to sell that paradise in Malaga as part of the deal

As far as I can make out by playing detective on the internet, the property is still up for sale by the valuers in the program, for 1,500,000 Euros

So perhaps I could now afford it.  ;D

See here

http://www.propertysearchspain.com/en_monda-spain-villa-5-bedrooms-4-bathrooms-1500000_prop_372.html

Yes I did know Lynda is a member of the forum, thats why I posted here, hopefully she will surf in one day and enlighten us.

We have stayed not far away from Monda where that wonderfull villa and garden of hers is, have tried to spot it on Google Earth, but the resolution of the images for that area are not high resolution, so no joy.
Unlike the images for our postcode BH22 9AE you can see my old Transit van (which has been replaced) and Lyn's car behind it, parked outside our house.
Take a look by entering the post code in GE see if you can spot the garden, you cant really miss it  ;D

Malcolm

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 11:29:30 PM »
I don't have Google Earth installed on this computer.
Ive used google maps and am hovering about 1000 feet above you and can see your white van. Does GE go down further?
Ive managed to "drive up streets" on this computer before though. Perhaps thats as close as a visitor can get to your garden when its not an open day???  ;D :)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:21:56 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:50 AM »
Good morning from sunny Spain ( yes still here)  thanks for the e-mail George - Well like you saw the second house was fantastic and the garden had just been filmed for the Daily Mail Garden of the Year competion and was in the final five but alas didn't win  It really was a stunning garden and it had a stream running through it with little bridges.
We reduced out price to 1.850 mill but have further reduced to 1.5 last month till Jan to see if we can sell and buy the before mentioned property as it did go under offer but is now back on the market as the prospective purchaser messed them about by saying they were a cash buyer when they weren't.
They edit loads out of the programme as there is always four houses you see and local points of interest.  in all a week of filming.
Well still in bed with my cup of tea so ought to get moving. Glad you liked the programme and we came of as being fairly normal and  thereal big plus was that I didn't look FAT :-)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:26 AM »
Well, I'm delighted to welcome you back Lynda.
What a pleasure it was to watch that program!
Do you remember this little project we worked together on?
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/LyndaAdlington/SunkenTerrace/
Photos are great, but what a difference to see the finished article on TV! Your house in Spain is breathtaking!
It was uncanny, but I actually felt like I knew the house :) It was a pleasure working with your photos and it goes to show that collectively they do conjure up a very good idea of the layout of a garden. If you can spare a few photos of the finished article we can do a sequel!

RE:
Well like you saw the second house was fantastic and the garden had just been filmed for the Daily Mail Garden of the Year competion and was in the final five but alas didn't win  It really was a stunning garden and it had a stream running through it with little bridges.
It was very apparent in the filming that it was a very well planned and very well maintained garden. Obviously the house was the emphasis in the production. I'd love to catch any footage there is from the Daily Mail Garden of the year competition!

There was a deep undertone to the program based on your personal feelings. I hope you find the house of your dreams Lynda and Alaistair and much more important, I hope you will enjoy a close relationship with your family. As a father of three, I know that is a foundation for happiness.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:30:10 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:37 PM »

Thanks for dropping in Linda and updating us on the news.

We thought you both came over very well in the program too. Hope you soon find a buyer for your property, a very unique and lovely place.

It was interesting you said about the second house having been one of the final 5 in the Daily Mail garden of the year competition. Our garden reached that same position in the 2005 Daily Mail competition, but alas did not win.

Regards to you both

Lyn and Malcolm

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »

Ive used google maps and am hovering about 1000 feet above you and can see your white van. Does GE go down further

Yes you can get closer with Google Earth. I used it to check out the way to the hospital yesterday, you could even make out the markings on the lanes of the road, RSH = Royal South Hants Hospital.

Malcolm