Ideas Genie Pro > The Web Page Generator (WPG) section

Visitors to our Wpg

(1/2) > >>

Lyn and Malcolm:

Last month (August) our website stats showed the following figures for Entry page HITS to our WPG.

896 to  /plantmenu.htm
843 to  /plants.htm

Malcolm

roiphil:
thats good, how do you know that, did you put in a hit counter?

Lyn and Malcolm:
Phil

Our webspace supplier (Supernames) has Webalizer installed on it, you can get loads of info from it. Even indicates the most frequently searched for words that have bought visitors to our site, on a mothly basis.

Total Hits for the whole of our website in August 54,682

At least 201 hits from Georges pages

The most used search words were Garden Pictures

Malcolm

ideasguy:
Interesting statistics, Malcolm, and thanks for posting them.
I'm delighted that the WPG website has contributed in this way.

Do you have statistics for individual pages on your WPG?
e.g.
http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/plantguide1999.htm
I'd like to think that surfers are directed to that page when they search on:
Hibiscus 'Newbiscus Mauvelous'
and
http://www.plantguide.lynandmalc.co.uk/plantguide0228.htm
when they search on:
Clematis 'Comtesse de Bouchaud'

However, Ive done a quick Google and find that Hibiscus 'Newbiscus Mauvelous' is on page 3 and Clematis 'Comtesse de Bouchaud' is not on the first pages. Disappointed in that :'(

Lyn and Malcolm:

--- Quote ---Do you have statistics for individual pages on your WPG?
e.g.

--- End quote ---

Not with webalizer, but I have 4 individual pages that can have a counter on, courtesy of Bravenet, so I can move those about.

The Hibiscus newbiscus page will only have been on our wpg since about June this year, so I guess can't really expect to be up too high in the searches yet, but no excuse for the Clematis. Going back to a discussion we have had on here before, would key words on each page help.
I don't know much about the workings of search engines, but how have we got to number 6 when anyone searches for "Garden pictures" in the whole world?
We do have lots of keywords on our home pages of all 3 of our websites, have recently added Bees and Butterflies to those keywords, as we have lots of plants that attract them. Will be interesting over time to see if we get into the ratings with that.
Google trawls our pages about every month, so won't be on there yet.

Malcolm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version