Computers > Questions

Poor Connection

<< < (2/3) > >>

ideasguy:
Please re-read the initial posting for my edited notes.

From what Eric has told us elsewhere, he gets cut off midway through posting a reply, or indeed simply reading the topics!
Hopefully our combined efforts will help get a solution to the problem and get you back on line again Eric.
Weve been missing your invaluable contributions since this problem started.

Palustris:

--- Quote from: Palustris on August 14, 2009, 06:05:10 PM ---

Edited by George

1) (From George) See posting 14 Aug
Is your problem that you a) keep getting disconnected or b) Have a very slow connection?
Answer from Eric:
The connection when it is working is at the normal speed for Dialup and Modem ie 56kbs

2) From Laurie. See posting 15 Aug
Have you had your BT phone line checked?
Answer from Eric:
The phone line has been checked both from the exchange and from our neighbours back to the Exchange, standard quality.

3) From Laurie see posting 15 Aug
Is it only on certain web sites that you visit that you notice the problems?
Answer from Eric:
All Web sites even our ISP's homepage when first connectiing

4) From Laurie See posting 15 Aug
Does the problem happen (or intolerable) only at certain times of the day, e.g. evenings and weekends
Answer from Eric:
All the time

5) When/How did the problem start, or was it always like now?
Answer from Eric:
Began a few weeks after we had this new modem fitted but before the power supply failed.
Modem has been tested and is supposed to be working ok.

--- End quote ---

Also, it tends to disconnect at random, comes up with either Cannot find Page or Connection interrupted error message. Often just stops altogether. If one goes to Task Manager it shows the  link Speed as anywhere between 56 and 23 kbs, but 0% on our side of things.
]

ideasguy:
This reply from my IT network expert friend, Colin

--- Quote ---In regards to the supranet dns, a quick google shows that the numbers should be 66.170.1.10 and 66.170.1.19. Is that what he was given? Windows will only complain that they are not valid if he is using the wrong characters ie a o instead of an 0 or if the address goes above the allow 255.255.255.255 range. So if its not letting him enter them then yes I would agree that something is not quite right on the machine.
--- End quote ---

Does that help Eric?

Palustris:
These are the numbers they sent

The ones your friend found also give an Invalid DNS  number error message too. I tried bith Copy and Paste and typing in, same result.
Did he look up Supanet or Supranet, they may be different.

ideasguy:
Ive relayed your reply Eric. Waiting for a reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version