Photography > Miscellaneous

Floods

(1/4) > >>

Eric Hardy:
The Thames is pretty full at the moment. We went to Marlow on Friday and Benji pushed Anthea towards the towpath where we normally walk. I had my iPhone with me and took these: -

Thus far and no further  ::)! The water was actually moving closer to Anthea as she sat there. Benji was taking his own photos.

Our usual seat by the river is in the far distance!

The next day we went to Bourne End, down river. It was a much brighter day but once again we couldn't do our usual walk, it stopped here. The boat is moored alongside the north (Buckinghamshire) side of the river. The row of trees is along the south (Berkshire) side.

I am not sure whether this was the correct place to post these.

Eric H

Palustris:
A bit damp looking!

NightHawk:
No sign of this weather abating just yet either according to the forecasters  :(

Great photos Eric.  I hope Anthea wasn't getting too scared about the rising waters around her  :o

--- Quote from: Eric Hardy on January 13, 2014, 03:29:01 PM ---I am not sure whether this was the correct place to post these.

--- End quote ---
Nothing wrong with them here Eric  8)

ideasguy:
I agree with Laurie - this is a good place to post these photos Eric.

We were rather fortunate in N Ireland in that we didn't get anything like the flooding in the South of England.
We've seen the alarming scenes on the news channels.
My heart goes out to those whose houses were flooded and those who had power failures (or both  :o).
Having a flooded garden is one thing - it must be like a worst nightmare to have ones home flooded.

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Palustris on January 13, 2014, 03:55:32 PM ---A bit damp looking!

--- End quote ---
That is one way of putting it, Eric  :)

Eric H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version