Gardens open to the Public > Good gardens to visit (USA)

The Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon

(1/3) > >>

Pixydish:
Located in Washington Park in Portland, Oregon this 5 acre garden is an absolute wonder. It has everything from a large waterfall to a small lake (large pond?) with king sized koi who will come up and nibble a finger or two, to a babbling stream through the forest. It even has a traditional Japanese Rock garden and tea house. Beautiful hand carved stone Japanese Lanterns are artistically placed throughout the garden. I took my 13 year old son last spring and he loved it so much he asked if we could create one at our house. There is a small entrance fee, but it is well worth the price.
While you are there, you can visit the famous Portland , Oregon rose test gardens which are just across the street. There is no entry fee and you can see literally hundreds of cultivars of roses in bloom at one time.

I have many photos of the Japanese Garden. Is it possible to post photos on this forum?

ideasguy:
Photos, somebody said photos !!!! Guy jumps to his feet in excitement.
Photos of the Japanese Garden in Portland I would REALLY like to see.

Ive had a surf and found their website:
http://www.japanesegarden.com/
I've found that garden before, but it will make it so much more interesting to hear directly from someone who has actually BEEN there and seen it in the flesh. Tell us more, please. e.g. their Japanese maples?

RE: Posting photos on this forum
When you are in edit mode,there are two rows of buttons.
The top row is for text editing (Bold, Italics etc)
Hover over the 2nd button from the right. It says "Insert Image", so try that.

I'll have to give that a go later myself.

Pixydish:
I've tried using the image button and I can't get it to work. I've tried copying the image and pasting, but this page will not accept a 'paste'. I'm not much of a computer 'geek' so I'm not sure what else to do. But I can email you a few photos, George, and then if you want to post them you can. But I thought there was a concern about the server space?
Of course the Japanese Maples are glorious, but there are probably hundreds of cultivars.

ideasguy:
The image button is for linking to a URL (a web adderss).

For photos, you need to click "Additional Options".
When you do that you click Browse (to browse YOUR computer)
You select a file, then click Post
That will upload the file (the photo) as an attachment, and it will be installed and hosted on this server.

One thing though. Theres a maximum size per photo(128k)
In many cases you will have to adjust your photo to resize it to be acceptable.

Lert me know how you get on with those instructions.

Ive received your photos of Portland Japanese gardens in Portland.
I relation to the above conversation, on examination they range in the main from 192 to 400 kb.
Thus, they need resizing before they will upload. Its not too complicated. Make sure you make a copy and resize your copy, NOT the original. Resizing is irreversible once saved.

The originals are perfect size for Ideas Genie and Flower Genie.
I'm testing Flower Genie at present, so Ive "made" a garden called Portlan Japanese Garden, Oregon, linked all your photos, and ran a lovely slide show!

Pixydish:
Here is a photo of a bridge in this garden. Lovely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version