Suppliers > Seed Suppliers

A seed supplier that has been brought to our attention

<< < (2/3) > >>

ideasguy:
Butterfly Blue is in my Chiltern seed order this year, and thats thanks to you (that photo in your WPG Plant List)
Does it come back each year for you? Did you grow it from seed?

I searched the web for Tom Pouce a couple of years ago, with no luck, except a mention on a French web site.

I went thhrough the Moles web site in more detail today. They sell larger quantities than norm, for the trade obviously, so prices appear to be a little higher in comparison. Their photos are good, and I found a few plants of interest.

Lyn and Malcolm:

--- Quote ---Does it come back each year for you? Did you grow it from seed?

--- End quote ---

We didn't grow it from seed George, bought as a plant, we have lost them before in winter, but last years plant is doing fine at the moment, exposed to that -10.3c we had, but it does have some shelter from a Birch tree nearby although of course there were no leaves on the tree during the winter.  ;D

Glad you found the link of some interest.

Malcolm

Lyn and Malcolm:

To avoid confusion ours is Delphinium grandiflorum 'Blue Butterfly'

Chilterns are listed as Delphinium chinensis 'Blue Butterfly'

Malcolm

ideasguy:
Yours appears to be the correct name, and thats what I have in the Master Database.
If you search the RHS on Delphinium chinensis it doesnt give any results.

But, I gotta go with the Chiltern name in their Catalog. I havent researched very much on it.
Google brings up a few pages, but grandiflorum is widespread.

I have encountered two cultivars of the same name in the same genus, in different species, so it is possible (but unlikely) that it is a different plant. That sort of confusion makes it very difficult for the non-botanist!
I note that you use the RHS button in IG Pro for validation (I meant to comment on that in another thread somewhere) so I'm delighted you are finding that useful. Its the best resource I know for correct names, and that is the standard I work to.

Lyn and Malcolm:

--- Quote ---I note that you use the RHS button in IG Pro for validation
--- End quote ---

There are a few plants in our Wpg that I cant validate, some may be too new to be on the Rhs list yet  :-\

The ability to check the plants from within IG pro was a Masterfull idea from you.

Malcolm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version