Ideas Genie Pro > Whats new?

New functionality in the Adding plants screen

<< < (2/3) > >>

NightHawk:
Superb, brilliant, surpassing excellence, out of this world - I'm running out of superlatives.  Okay, one more - great job.  ;D

I've just ran through all your tests for this new feature and it works a treat.  Well done George.

That WITHIN feature is very powerful, and extremely useful.

Everything performed as you predicted, without any problems.

I have no adverse criticisms (or any criticisms if it comes to that  8) )

I'm quite certain you're going to get similar praise from some of our other members in due course.  (I see hands grabbing for the Thesaurus now to add to my descriptions.   ;) )

Am I the first one then George?  ;)  I had to make this a priority whilst I had some free moments.  Phew!!!

Laurie.

ideasguy:
Your first to the ball as always, Laurie!
I'm delighted with your test results and - those superlatives, well, gosh  :-[

I provieded the Within option in FG some time ago. It's slightly more difficult with IG Pro, since each element of the plant name is stored in different fields, but it was quite easy to provide in that particular screen.

Heres some more info:
Within is good in the case where a plant name on the net is incorrect.
e.g. a frequent one is where the variety is alba or album
On the net, it can appear in single quotes, indicating that it is a cultivar.
In some rare cases, its a forma, or subvar in the Master Database (name verified on RHS web site).
Hence if you do a search for the plant by putting alba in the Cultivar field it wont find it.
By using the within button, it will.
Problem is, it is a little slower. The program searches ALL the plants in the genus when doing a Within search.
When doing a Species or Cultivar search, the program uses special indexes in the database, so very quick - hence you have the predictive text drop-downs when using those searches.
You wont notice the difference in a small genus, but the difference may be slightly noticeable in the larger genera like Rosa and Rhododendron.

ideasguy:
Ive now updated this program to Version 47.
Click on the same download link above to get it.

New:
Ive added a Select button.
This is enabled when you search your own database (referred to as MY in the screen GA100S00)
When you Select a photo, the Plant selected is returned to the calling program.

With Version 47, Try this:
Start GA004
Click Add/Get a plant button
In the Exploring options, click My
Use the Within, Species, Cultivar options to find a plant in your own database.
Then click Select button
The screen closes, and the selected plant is put into edit, in GA100S36

NightHawk:
Nice one George.

Works perfectly.  8)

Laurie.

ideasguy:
Thanks once again Laurie. I'll be adding these to the Ideas Genie on the web download page over the weekend, for general use.

GA100S00 is a common screen, i.e. its used in a number of programs in IG Pro.
Heres two more Ive posted last night, again on the "Beta" site (cultivars.co.uk in this instance):

The Quick link Photos program GA030:
http://www.cultivars.co.uk/dl/GA030-dl.exe

The Reviews program GA032 (the one used for WPG)
http://www.cultivars.co.uk/dl/GA032-dl.exe
This has also been updated to work with the new style sheet plantlist.css, discussed in another thread on this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version